What more do i have to do to get her to feel the same?

Well, about 2 months ago i joined a robotics team in school. I went with a friend named Pete to it after school for the first time. We sat there and tried to figure out what to do and stuff, since we were all so clueless in the beggining. Anyways i started talking to Esme...then we started emailing each other. My friend Pete was talking to her longer then me though. Anyways they emailed each other and everything. I made a mistake that hurt her in the past, i rejected her phone number cause i thought she gave it more out of somewhat pity. I guess she didnt want to make me feel left out. I was wrong though. After awhile we started talking on the phone, and emailing and even skipping class to see each other, she had so many problems with her family. I know i love her, i love her so much ill do anything to make her happy. I found out she cared deeply for Pete, she says she dont believe in love, but she seems to feel it for him. So i hooked them up. Now theyre together, and its like so painful to see them hugging and kissing or even just holding hands. I found out i have depression, and i think thats why. I cant eat the same, sleep the same, i lost interest in everyday things, and ive thought alot of suicide, although i know i wouldnt do it.I know Esmeralda ( Esme ) cares about me alot, cause she always wants to help me. I told her i liked her so she knows how i feel. One time she told me how bad she felt that i love her, and that she never ment to make me feel this way about her. She felt so guilty so i lied and told her that i was over her. She figured out i didnt and soon after and i admitted, but then i lied again and said i was getting over it. She figures im not, im sure. Its hard seeing her with Pete, he walks off on her sometimes and she always ends up following him. When she walks off cause shes mad, he never follows her. I do. I try to make her feel better, joke around and show her a good time more or less. I comfort her always by telling her that its ok, i never hug her though, i dont feel has if i deserve it, or i dont want to be pushed away. She knows that id do anything to make her happy, and i always try to make her feel better. What more must i do to make her feel the same, id do anything to get that one step closer to her. To make her want to be around me always, to make her happy. To never let go. She may move away in 2 months or so and i told her that i would still see her no matter what. What really ticks me off though is that shes always sad cause of Pete, he never pays her full attention the way i do, and when he does want to do something, he will just hug her and shed be all over him again. Shed be completely happy has if there never was a problem. She has so many problems, and i know that if i were the one she cared about like Pete. Id do anything to make her happy. Id never miss a chance to make her happy. Ill always hug her and make sure shes ok. If only i knew she cared about me the way i do her, id change all my plans to be with her, id get talking to her mom, so that her mom would understand we aint about to make the mistake that is sex. I want the relationship to be ok with her mom. I want to take her all over, and show her a world only someone who loves her would. Its just so hard. Can anyone give me any advice on what more i can do to get her to feel the same. She knows ill give anything for her, she has a good time around me, but i dont know what more to do.

I feel so bad for you. I think its important you know that you can't make someone fall in love with you. She is really lucky to have someone who cares about her as much as you do. But sometimes girls like guys when they are young for the wrong reasons (for expl going out with a guy who doesn't treat them well) and likes the boys who treat them well only as friends. Don't misinterpret what i'm saying! I'm not saying treat girls badly to get a girlfirend I'm just saying that in time you will find a girl who cares about you as much as you do about her (even if it isn't Esme0.

i promise you will feel like this about another girl just give it time!

JZ

-=Meth=-......I am sorry for you my friend. I have been there....and am partialy there still. But what I have found out is that women(not all,but way above 50%) will always go for the guy that gives them something to fight for. Whether it is because all people get attached to things they have to fight for, or just because this girl doesnt see you as anything more then a friend, I dont know.

But what I do know is that everyone that has to fight for something end up attached to that object more then to other things. Now am I right in assuming that you have given her anything and everything she has asked of you, and that you have shown her that you are willing to do anything for her?If so....she will not see ou as something to fight for...and she will move on to something she has to fight for. Its not like she is doing this to be cruel....but this is how people are built. The have to love the things the fight for.

No advice my friend. Just show her that she has to fight for you too.

Dont go running after her everytime Pete hurts her. Dont talk to her every chance you get. Dont give her everything she names. Trust me, you will get nothing out of it.

Sauron, thinks for the advice but your partially right but your very wrong.What kind of a person would i be if i let her be down when he pushes her away.I cant allow her to hurt, i wouldnt let her hurt if it were the last thing,ive made a promise to never hurt her again.I spoke to her awhile ago on the phone, she read me some of her poems.In this one particular poem she says she wishes she felt the same about me has i do for her, cause she knows shed be happy if she did.She wants to feel like that for me, but she cant, thats the truth. Its not her fault or anything, but i do take fault in this, i wish she loved me.I will never get that wish,ive prayed that shed love me, it hasnt happened.It wont happen, she can only love pete, so the only thing i can do is go on in pain,watching her happy. Ill always be sad, but has long has shes happy, i guess maybe ill find a way to eventually get over it, i can only pray to god.This pain is so unbearable.I asked her if she would ever think of me like that,she didnt want to say no cause she wanted to be nice,but i made her say the truth.She would never feel love like that for me,never.It hurts so much id just wanna die.If only god or whoever would do his job,and make her love me,id do anything for that.Anything.Anything at all.

Well....you love her right? And that would mean that you would do anything to make her happy? Do you believe she would be happier with you then Pete can? Do you believe that you can give her what she needs better then Pete? Do you believe that person should do "the right thing to do" or the thing that make them feel good? If you believe that your better for her then Pete, if you believe that you can give her what she needs, if you believe that people have to do the right thing before doing the things that make them feel good, you have to take action now! I am not saying dont be there when she needs it...I am just saying dont be there when she doesnt need it. Dont call her, dont hang out with her, dont look at her. You have to show her that you will be there when she needs it, but not everytime she wants you there. Trust me, I have been there over and over again. I used to be a really nice guy that put women above anything and everything. You just get stepped over. You have to show that she has to fight to keep you. "I would rather die on my feet, then yo live on my knees." I know it hard. Its hard not talk to her when she isent talking to anyone else, but you have to show her that you cant keep standing next in line to be hers when she always picks someone else before you.

actually, that really gets me thinking.I want her to be happy, im not better then Pete or anyone else for that matter.She will only love him and no one else.Im just in the way a third wheel.Supposedly im her best friend, but hows that when i never do the things he does with her.We never go anywheres together, well not often, the last time i was alone with her was about a week or 2 ago.There have been other times but never a day she really dedicated to being with me.I know that she'll never love me like she does him and the truth is i should give up. Its hopeless right?I wonder if shell realize what shes lost in me once im gone.Doesnt matter, itll be to late.Yeah, well i guess ill just find a way to improve myself.If i wasnt ever good enough for her, then probably just becoming stronger and smarter or whatever would do for me.Then when she does want me, she cant have me.I dont know, i need to figure this out.

First....Its not hopeless....second...never improve yourself so that someone will look better at you. That NEVER works!!! Take it from me, if she starts to like you more then Pete if you get strong,faster and bigger, she will stop likeing you when you stop getting better,faster and bigger. I hat to be the one that gives good guys bad news....but I doubt you will end up with this women.

If you continue like this....being at her side when she needs it and giving her anything she asks for....she will never care for you like she cares for Pete,she will never love you because your hers already.

If you push her aside and let her know that you might not be there forever and may not be there when Pete makes her feel like dirt, she will be alone when Pete does that. And you wont be able to help her out of it. Because you want to show her that she has to fight for you too.

So to be honest....if you dont think of anything smart in between here where you let her know that you wont do everything she says and give her everything she want, and at the same time show her that if she doesnt show the same emotion towards you that she shows Pete, you will not stay, if you dont think of something.....you'll end up alone....but at her side. And I personally know that tough....that one of the toughest things you can do.