Private investigators???

Hey, is there anyone out there that has any info on hiring a private investigator to look into your bf/gf's activities? I'm beginning to think this is my last option before I go completely crazy. Has anyone ever hired one and is it expensive or is it even worth it? I'm desperate for answers and a couple of people I know have even said I should look into hiring one. HELP!

---[added by secret_agent_man from a later post by LonelyGirl]---

Listen, this is an ongoing dilemma. I've posted on here before with my story. I can't talk to him. He gets defensive and he has a bad habit of lying. He cheated on me once and lately I'm not sure what's up. When I ask him he doesn't answer me. He'll just accuse me of being paranoid or suspicious. But yet won't come out and answer the questions I ask. Recently he spent a whole weekend and then some OUT. Didn't call me to let me know when and if he was coming home or where he was staying. Made up some bullshit excuse as to why he couldn't get in touch with me. I'm sick of being walked all over. I want to know for good what's going on now. He'll never tell me. In fact when I found out what he'd done in the past he outright lied to my face and then attempted to blame it on ME. But I figured out his story and then it was upsetting to realize he was trying to blame something on me that wasn't even my fault! SO when you say "what about trust?" or "have you tried talking to him?". The answer is yes. I did trust him but he broke the trust we had. When I try talking to him it always ends up in a fight. No matter what I do or say. So this is why I want to know for certain and am looking for info on private investigators. So that's what I'm in need of now. Thanks.

----------

Well, that's just it. WE LIVE TOGETHER. That was a smart move, huh? The only reason I really tried extra hard to make it work after he cheated on me was because I love him and we live together. Otherwise I would have ended it right then and there to avoid the feelings I'm experiencing now. Breaking up is easier said than done. Especially since I do love him and have been with him for over 4 years. It's hard to let go. I also don't want to dump him and find out I was wrong or making a mistake. It's horrible. I'm so torn.

Pick up and leave he will never realize what he is missing if you stay around. Even if you plan to come back just pick up and leave for a week. Dont tell him where you are going or what you are doing. Dont answer your cell phone if you have one and tell your parents not to tell him where you are. He will never realize if you stay around and keep begging

You poor thing,

It's so hard when the person you love has lied straight to your face. I totally understand where you're coming from. For 4 months I asked my boyfriend if he cheated on me with a particular girl and the whole time it was "no, you're wrong". THEN 2 days ago I found out the truth. That's what hurts the most doesn't it - the lying.

Well babe, I would like to help you with info in relation to hiring a P.I. but I really don't know much about them also I live in Australia so I'm sure there will be some differences - the price being one of them.

You deserve someone who will put you first all the time and be honest with you. I hope that you find some answers so you can make the decision that is right for you.

And don't ever be too afraid to leave him because you live with him. I know it makes things a whole lot harder but if the situation really is that bad and you can't trust him then you need to look after yourself first.

Good luck sweetie and I'm sorry I can't be of any constructive help.

Mel