Any advice would be welcome. Can anyone appreciate a self-destructive characteristic, holding you back and never allowing you to ever fulfil your full potential. Despite being an intelligent person, I'm in late 20s and yet still in a fairly low paid, unskilled job. I already feel alienated from my work colleges as my personality is so different, and every time I try to better myself, through learning and reading more, I feel as though I am alienating myself even moreso, which makes me panic. I often look at those who have achieved so much more than me as being more capable than I am, yet, deep down, I don't really believe this to be true. I believe it is partly a question of self-esteem. I don't feel as though I am worthy of success, financial or otherwise. Also, in a strange sort of way, I believe wealth is immoral, yet achievement normally brings wealth.

Can anyone empathise with this? Any advise would be much appreciated, thanks.

Hey, i can't relate to what u're going thru right now and i don't kno if i can help much.

I think u worry 2 much and u're 2 uptight from the impression i get from u. U need 2 let it all go, screw what everyon else thinks, do it ur way and BELIEVE in urself. I dunno how u're gonna do this but i guess, constant reminder would b a start.

Hope that helped.

Happy heb

I understand you feel you are capable of much more than you are doing now, and you feel trapped in a working situation you feel doesn't suit you. I see that you envy those who've come further and would like to move on in your career as well but just can't get yourself to do it.

You say your trying to learn and to read more alienates you even more from you colleagues, if I understand correctly. Does that mean you feel unhappy there not only because the work is below your level, but also because you feel more intelligent than your colleagues? Your thinking is on a whole different level than theirs, so you cannot relate to them.

If that is all that stops you from continuing to learn more so you can move to a higher level, that would be such a pity. Try to realize that it is useless to keep yourself on a certain level merely because you want to relate to the colleagues on that level. Especially if it is clear you are just essentially different from them.. right? And ultimately, you want to get out of that job..

As far as your self esteem problem and your belief that you are unworthy of succes, which indeed is what keeps you from moving on in your life, I do not have a solution. Except telling you that EVERYONE is worthy, and the idea that you are not worthy of succes is something YOU have put into your head: Something in your early past must have happened that gave you the idea that you are not worthy (of succes, or in general). Can you think of something? My ex-fiance uses a process to help his clients get rid of beliefs, I write about it on the following topic: link removed on page 2. Also, you may want to visit the website of this process: link removed You can do the process there for free, online.

I wish you good luck,

~Glassbell

Thanks Heb and Bell, you both make good points. Maybe, I don't 'believe in myself', Heb, and I don't know how I'm going to do that either. Thanks for that. It is food for thought.

Bell, yes, I do think I am more intelligent than my colleagues, or if not more intelligent, then certainly some fundamental thing which puts me in a different 'level' to them, as you say. What bothers me is that all types of people, whether highly intelligent or unintelligent, seem to be able to co-exist, yet I don't seem to be able to. I really struggle and it bothers me that other intelligent people seem to manage it. For example, many intellectuals come from, and have survived, humble beginnings, co-existing with people less intelligent than themselves. So why not me?

Also, Bell, I have difficulties accepting your point about everyone being worthy. Surely, it's logical that people can only have wealth and success when other people don't. Think about it like this: if everyone had a million pounds then a million pounds would be worth nothing, or for instance, I can only come first in a race if there are others to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc.

Btw, when you say, "Something in your early past must have happened that gave you the idea that you are not worthy (of success, or in general)".. that is a point I suspect is true, but I have no idea what it is, or if knowing what it is achieves anything, anyway.

Thanks very much for your help. Although I viewed the website you gave, I have very limited use of the internet at the moment - will have to return to it at a better time, thanks.

• 1 month later...

Dearest Joseph,

Yes I can relate, I myself am in my late 20's and still very much under paid. I went to college for Graphic Design and haven't found a successful job because of it's competitiveness. And was even more pissed off when I found out Kinko's were hiring people without degrees in GD. I am still remaining creative but I want to do it on my terms. I don't want just some Just Over Broke job. But am I grateful to have one in these times. But ya gotta keep pushing on, don't stop because sometimes it takes a 1,000 no's to 20 yes's.

Do what you love, be multi-talented and always be open minded to infinite possiblities. Remember any limits you have are only self imposed.

Believe in yourself. You are worthy of being wealthy we all are well deserving of prosperity, but wealth isn't the only way to be prosperous. Be grateful for what you have now and the Universe is always willing to give, if you are willing to ask.

Be well,

Amberfire