Can guys and girls be just friends?

Hello, after finally getting stuff sorted with my guy..(hopefully!!)..he went away for the weekend whilst i was working to go camping with a female friend. Now i feel i can trust these two completely but people where i work keep saying that i shouldn't do and that they would never let their man go away with a another female, even if they were friends before going out with me.

The thing is i understand that guys will look at girls and wonder what sex is like with them, i realise that and accept it, i mean hey sometimes i look too....but, do guys who have female friends are in love with their girl actually try to get it on with their female friends...or do they let their imaginations run wild instead?

I started worrying that i should be worried, even though I don't feel I want to go down that road of worrying when he is with girls

If you have that much trust in your guy, then I think everything will be ok. There are numerous girls I could go out with that I would never think about having sex with, and not for the lack of attraction either. Friendship is a different bond, one that can be made into more but requires effort on both parts. If you and your guy are happy, and you trust each other, I personally think you have nothing at all to worry about.

I think you need to work on trust. From a guys stand point, I've gone camping with girls many times and never got into their "tent". If I am in love than their is only one tent I want to be in. You are right most guys will think about what it's like. but only the true creeps will actually attempt it. So it's either one or the other.

I know everyone says to trust them, but I am a girl and have always had guy best friends growing up and not once have I not "hooked" up with them. It's hard becuase you have a guy that you are talking to and opening up to him because he's your best friend right? Well, then you get into the fact well, I want a guy like my best friend that will listen... and it happens. A guy best friend is a guy waiting to be the next in line. I'm sorry. But on the other hand, you know the two and it may be different. I just know that in the last twenty some years of my life I have convinced many boyfriends that the guy is just a friend. AND IT IS WRONG!!! don't get me wrong there! my ways have changed but i'll always warn someone in a like situation to just be careful. Good luck with that.

From my experience, it's easier for women to completely separate friends from people they're attracted to, I've often heard girls talk about their friends and saying "he's a friend, I don't think about him that way". Yet from most of the men I've spoken to, and from my own experience, men find it easier to be attracted to friends. I find most of my female friends sexually attractive. Generalizations are never good, but that's what I've seen from my experience. But then again, there is a difference between being attracted to someone and acting on that attraction. Again, from myself, yes, I'm attracted to most of my friends, but I wouldn't dream of acting on that, and especially wouldn't when I was with my girlfriend. If he can control himself when he goes out and sees someone he's attracted to, then he can control himself, even if he were to be attracted to his friend. Guys and girls can be friends, even if attraction is there if they know and stick to boundries

I agree with AlphaOmega. There are some girls I know that I'd enjoy going out with. I'd consider them my friends too. I'm not so desperate for a lady that I'd try to jump in only because I expect to hook-up. I used to be that way, until I discovered that it means so much more to take slow and make them a friend too, before I'd trust them with my heart.

There is a fine line between my "girl friend" and my "friend that's a girl" I doubt that some people could tell the difference. Dating seems to be that impersonal anymore. God forbid you bang someone you can trust or think you can trust. And no I don't think about banging my friends that I do trust. It all depends on the guy..

Trust me, no guy and girl can be "just friends!" I have grown up with two older brothers always warning me about guys and when they say they "just want to be friends" they are not telling the truth.

Whether it starts out innocent in the beginning or not, one of you in the "friendship" ends up wanting something more, whether it ever comes out in the open or not.

I have had a boyfriend for 5 years. This does not stop my "guy friends" from trying. Even his friends have tried to hook up with me when my boyfriend and I decided to take a break.

Bottom line is, if you trust him great, and if he has the will-power to substain-awesome...

When you are being the friend to turn to when the one in a relationship needs advice, its easy for sparks to start to fly!