need birth control pills

Hey guys..

I've never been on the pill because of reasons of side effects especially weight gain cos it's already easy enough for me to gain weight without it. I'm pretty paranoid and gave myself lots of pregnancy scares. I can't keep up with being mentally worn out worrying if i'm pregnant so I thought the best thing to do was get on the pill. What's the best pill to take girls? (Side effects, I just dont want the weight gain, i think i have harsh low self esteem or something but honestly i just wanted to know if you knew of one that didn't have effects of weight gain or do they all?)

I think it depends on the brand, kind and varies from person to person. Go to the family planning clinic or whatever service they have where you live and talk to one of the people there about your worries. They'll talk to you about the various options. There isn't just the pill for medium term birth control, you can get an injection every few months which does pretty much the same thing, but more reliable, as there's no problems with forgetting to take pills or taking them late, and there are a few other things. As for side effects, if you decide to go on the pill, it's just a case of trial and error. Try one kind, if there's side effects that you don't like, change to another kind whenever you need to get more. There's no other way to tell really

I'd definitly advise talking to your doctor about the pill and other options. A friend of mine uses it and loves it. She did gain a little weight, but only in the, umm, chest area, and her skin cleared up some too. Another friend is on the shot, once every 3 months she goes to the doctor and that's it. They send her a reminder a few weeks before her next shot is due. Explore the options and find one that suits you best.