i know she's interested but we're both real shy!

This is pretty long, I just realized.. sorry!

Hey all.. I was wondering if anyone could help me.. A few days ago i went up to my friend's college to visit him and go to a keg party. One of his female friends started talking to me online the day before i left, we exchanged pictures and talked a tiny bit. I get up there thursday night and my friend's showing me around town (it's a tiny town in western NY, Delhi if anyone knows the area) And we see the girl in her dorm when we're visiting another of my friend's friends. I was a tad at the time and just said hi. Next day was the day of the party. I looked pretty good and smelled damn good. We get tehre early to help set up and crap and we're all drinking before anyone else even gets there. She comes a bit later and i actually got to see her and i was just blown away. She has big beautiful brown eyes that i absolutely love... I know she's interested cause a few of her friends came up to me like "go talk to her, she thinks you're cute, just go over" I went over, said hi and the conversation didn't even get to start.. I'm too shy to say anything and she's too shy to say anything. we went our separate ways during the aprty but always managed to meet up. I'd pet her hair and stuff but had nothing really to say... I kept on the whole night... not a good diea. I'm pretty sure i looked stupid, but i let her know i think she looks beautiful and i wanna talk to her whenever she's available. when people were leaving a little fight broke out. her and my friend Jo were the only two girls in the room, i broke the fight up rather wuick (tackled one to the ground, and two friends grabbed the other guy) kicked those morons out and i saw Jo flipping out. i gave her a hug and calmed her down (apparently in the scuffle someone tried to grab her and sh!t) I asked where Laura (the girl i'm interested in) went. She was outside looking really upset. I being a moron left my jacket at my friend's house so i had none to offer. Someone gave her a jacket and i just stood there with her rubbing her arms, trying to calm her down. she got a ride home from someone and that was the end of my night.. Next day I talk to her online and she was telling me how she appreciated me taking care of her outside and stuff (i didn't think it was a big deal at all, i didn't do much but stand there and rub her.) I think that's a good sign tho.. I had to leave the day after the party so i went to her dorm, said bye to her and Jo and left.. now i'm stuck at home missing her a lot.. I'm going up next week for sure to see her again.. this time i'm not gonna be tho...

Anyone have any tips on things we could talk about? I'm trying to get to know her a bit online so we've got something to talk about when i see her, but she doesn't talk much at all. I asked her friend and she said Laura's really shy, but interested.. I can honestly say tho I have yet to make the first move on a girl.. mainly due to fear of rejection.. But I was thinking to just go for it... i know she likes me, she knows i like her... what could go wrong? Any advice, tips, anything??

Two shy people is a tough combination especially in regard to conversations. But it sounds like she is interested and it sounds like you are willing to set your shyness aside and go for it. Ask her what she is studying in school. Talk about her classes, how she lieks the college, what her fave classs is, what proffessor she thinks is wacky...etc. It could very well lead to a bigger conversation about the different veiws you guys have. If that doesn't work, ask her about her home town, her friends, family, tell her a bit about yourself and maybe things could open up between you. Bring up a movie that you just saw, talk about your fave movie or book. Bring up a philosophical conversation..."where is the end of the universe? What lives out there?" Philosophy always makes a good topic and people could talk on it forever. Not necessarily philosophy itself, but aspects of it, like the universe thing, or what reality is, or things like that. Hope this helped some.

I'll be taking that "first step" this weekend mermayd. goin' up to see her and I'm really excited about it. I just wish there was something to do in this damn town besides drink! I'm hoping it's nice one night so we can take a walk somewhere.. then I'm gonna kiss her... i'll let ya know how it goes.