in love with a good friend

tonite i just told a girl who is one of my best friends that i have had a crush on her for over a year. i do not know yet what she thinks about this as i told her to think about it and talk to me tomorrow i am getting worried because i am not the type of guy she would normally go out with i was just tired of hiding my feelings anyone else have this come out good?

Hi BS.....interesting tag name...lol

I probably shouldn't even answer this, but for some reason I can't resist! There has never been a situation like you described, that I have seen, ever go in your favor. Get ready for impact!

Being a woman, and having been in the exact situation, you have crossed the line to 'brotherhood'. Meaning that kissing you would be like kissing your brother.

Prepare yourself for pretty much that exact phrase. Again, stranger things in this world have happened. I really just wanted to post to prepare you for the answer. Personally, I hope I am wrong.

AS

I think I'd have to disagree with you Aura Seeker. This sort of situation can turn out well. BS200, check out the forum on falling for friends, there are several "success" stories in there.

I, for one, commend you on taking the chance to tell your friend how you feel. You don't mention if she's ever given you any hints about feelings of her own, but I wish you the best of luck.

I can only hope that you are right Owlman, and I am wrong. ;-)

The only experience I can go by, is when a male friend has said to me they have deeper feelings, and at that point, it would have been like kissing a brother!

I think I will go over there and read some of the success stories, I am always a sucker for happy endings. ;-)

AS

i am very proud of you.it was so brave of you to tell your friend how you feel about her.i personally believe that no one should hide how they feel about someone.you never know what she is thinking maybe she loves you too.so its always best to do what you did.i have been in a similar situation.i loved my friend so much,i just needed him to be more than just a friend.guess what i told him and it worked out wonderfully.he is now my boyfriend and we are so happy together because we just understand each other so much.we are still best friends and that is just what is needed in a love relationship

I had a store which was a little like yours. I had feelings for this girl that I knew for like a year or also. We were good friends and we talked a lot. One day I decided not too keep this to myself anymore but to tell her. So I did and it turned out that she only wanted us to be friends. She told me that she had no feelings for me what so ever. So then I took it a little hard but then got over it as time passed. I have no idea how you situation is gone go. Hope it turns out different then mine.