Bottom line=Women don't like PLAYERS or men who ACT that way

hourglass

I see a lot of advice here on how to ACT or behave to get a certain reaction from a woman. I'd like to know the source of this advice, and any basis on whether this game actually works, and if so, for how long. (sounds to me like it's from the Gigolo's handbook - millennium Edition )

Look, it's hard out there. I don't have the answers but this is MY opinion, and I think lots of women share this feeling...

A woman wants someone who is genuine, honest, relates on the same level, doesn't play games, doesn't ACT indifferent (as if to imply he has several other women waiting in the wings at the drop of a hat), and actually shows interest in her.

A man who comes accross as an arrogant know-it-all, manipulates the truth, or makes out to be a Don Juan - just to get somewhere with a woman - is an utter turn-off.

But...that's just my opinion.

I'm not the best person to comment on this since I'm not in the 'dating scene' (being married), but over the course of the past ten years, dealing with people in a semi-retail situation (working at a health club with a regular members), I am still boggled and amazed at the idiots I see women involved with. Guys treating them like dog feces and they just suck it up and and chase after them even more. I've always considered myself to be your average, honest, 'nice guy', but I know that I'd never stand a chance with a great majority of these women. I don't know if it's all down to looks and a great 'rap' but I do know that I might as well be a rhodadendrum plant for all the attention I'd get (which was NONE). Just your average, genuine guy here.

responses are welcomed.

hi hourglass.

i think i know which posts u r talking about.

if indeed we r on the same page, i think u may have missed the msg. that was being delivered. i didn't c anything wrong w/it. it just explains n great detail, how 2 stop being so desperate, have confidence n yourself,etc.

true, we do not like guys that "play" us. who likes a 2 timer? but i didn't c anything written on how 2 be one. sure, there might be some losers out there that try that approach. those people will suffer from there own misguiding's.

u r intitled 2 your opinion. i'm intitled 2 mine. again, i thought the post were well written, and had some positive influencing. many men do need lessons on love, confidence, and the right tactics.

this is my opinion, however right, or wrong.

cuteshortnsassy19

Well Howdy There Ms. cuteshortnsassy19!!

I'm with you. I didnt see anythin wrong with the scotsman's post/if that's the sunject. i don't agree with everything he wrote, but opinions are like

a - holes. (aysshowles), everbody has one. parden the colorful language.

women like confidnt men. not wussies. women like men that are true 2 them, but not clingy 2 them. i believe that was the REAL messege. NOT how 2 be a playa. scotsman did say a prince charming is busy with many many women, but prob. meant too busy to worry weather or not a new lady will want him. it's all pretty much about confidence. Well written stuff, but not for everyone.

Hope 2 hear from u again ms.cuteshortnsassy19.

otta heare!

Lone Star

Hi Hour Glass.

I had the same initial reaction as you seem to have. However, I did'nt read scotsman's entire post. After carefully re-reading it, I found that I was guilty of assuming almost the exact same thing as you.

In fact, just yesterday I wrote him an appology telling him I was too quick to judge the post. I agree with Lone Star and cuteshortnsassy19. He is conveying a messege of too many men losing their loved-ones because they simply don't have the self-confidence men need to succeed.

Women are guilty of this as well.

In any event, I understand how you could have easily misinterpreted the conveying messege.

Welcome to the Forum!

Holly1972