Getting the girl to come on a date (my first date)

Jey

I have this girl at school I really like. We don't know each other at all. She probably saw me once in a while and thats as far as it goes.

I really want to ask her out but this will be my first date if she goes.

I've got no clue as to how to aproach her, and ask her for a date. Shes 1 grade less than me, so I barely see her. And 90% of the time she is with her friends. I would of asked her but I got no clue what to say.

Should I introduce myself? Ask her straight out? I am totally puzzled.

Any help is appreciated. The only thing I know about her is her name and she does not have a boyfriend.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

You shouldnt be afraid to ask her out if she is with her friends. Or maybe if u see her walking introduce yourself and ask her if she would like u to help her carry her books to class, i know this is traditional but it works, unless she's a heartless bitch. Any girl will love it if an upper calssman wants to walk them to class. Then after u take her to class, ask if she wants to go out sumtime for a movie or dinner... or maybe even both!

• 1 year later...

Last date i went on, I thought it I wouldnt worry about anything, and do it all naturally. I had no worries, but I also made her hate me (although we've made up now, it's kinda bad when i see her kissing another guy). I have learnt now, that you really should follow advice given on her, unless your naturally a nice charming person. Personally I didn't think I could screw up as bad as I did, and 100% faith in myself, but then afterwards, I realised what I did. I actually insult her several times accidently, and well done everything bad. The pain of seeing her kiss another guy taught me my lesson though.

To further augment the advice given above I have the following basic tips to give.

1) Be confident. Know what your strengths are and follow them. If your good at talking with girls, do that, just talk about something. If your not, then just try and talk in such a way that lets her do the talking...no offense to the ladies here...but that has worked very well in my experience.

2) Choose something casual. Inviting her to a movie is a personal favorite of mine.

3) Most importantly though, just don't be anxious. Just be casual. As has been said above, the appeal of older guys is strong, its a instictive thing, so thats a plus.