unsure and confused

I met a girl on the internet about 4 or 5 years ago on ICQ random chat. she only lived like 30 miles from me. it wasn't until 3 years ago that we decided to meet. we dated on and off, no more than a few months at a time. She was very shy and didn't let me close, so I thought she didn't like me, which is why we never dated for very long at a time. I dated a few others on our breaks...nothing really serious, but I seemed to always come back to her. Then in February of this year, we started dating again. this time she is more open to me and lets me closer...I even got a kiss once! I've come to realize that I'm falling in love with her, but sometimes I'm just not sure if she loves me. This time around we've only been seriously daing for a few months and I don't want to scare her or make things move to fast, but at the same time I just want to tell her I love her. It's getting frustrating, and I'm not sure how she'd respond...I don't think she loves me, but then sometimes I get little signs, like a smile or just how she looks...I don't know what to do.

• 5 months later...

be honest with your feelings.. it may scare her to hear that from you but it also may re-assure her.. She may be feeling the same exact things, just let her know. A letter may be best, or face to face, I'm not really sure... I'd probably go face to facec, but if you have trouble telling her important things like that a letter to her while you sit next to her as she reads it may be the best bet. best of luck

C.