Should I move on or keep trying ? so confused.

general69

We both 38yrs old.We worked together for about 2yrs; she took over the business where I was working. Over that time I could tell we had chemistry. We become friends on Facebook & started chatting everynight for about 3 months, before I finally asked her out. We keep the relationship secret for about 3months as she was the Boss. Then I found another job, so we could come out about the relationship, as it was a family company. We were both really happy, she was a solo mum with a 12yr daughter, she had her week on week off, due to custody with her ex.

We were together for 9 months. We spend all our spare time together; we were living together at her place for about 5 months of the relationship. I cooked dinner most nights for her & was always doing sweet things for her, which she real loved. I was always putting her 1st & been as supportive as I could.

I thought everything was going real well, then she broke up with me & said she had lost feelings for me & she wasn't sure why. She reckons it just happens to her. She said she was sorry, as I was a real sweet & caring person who put so much effort into the relationship. I know she had massive work stress & family stress playing on her mind in the last 2 month of the relationship & had told me she was messed up in the head with it all & was struggling to cope with all the stress. She felt like she was failing at her job & with me, because she didn’t have the time or energy to put into me. She was on anti depression pills the whole time we were together.

I was blindsided, so I begged for her to give us a chance, it didn't help. She said "if her feelings came back she would defiantly give it another chance”. I texted her over the next week about getting some of my stuff back. We agreed to meet up about 2 weeks after the breakup to exchange stuff. We had a picnic & talked for about 2hrs. She & I both felt we spend too much time together & stopped doing our own things & just got lost in the relationship. She told me again that if the feelings come back she would try again if I wanted to. We hugged & left.

I texted her over the next week on & off, I send her a birthday present as it was her birthday the next week. It was heaps of little things that showed I was paying attention & did care about her. She texted me on her birthday to say "thanks heaps for the present it was very clever & thoughtful". I went into No contact after that. Over the next few weeks I've been posting photos to my Facebook story of me doing all the things I wanted to do when we were together. I've posted about 10 different stories & she has viewed every single one. I broke NC after about 2 weeks & texted her a few days after Xmas to say "hope you had an awesome Xmas", she replied & said the same. I've send a few more text since asking about her & she has replied, but they have been short replies.

I love her to pieces & don't know what to do at this point. I’m taking the time to better myself & am keeping myself busy. I just feel like there’s hope we could get back together. What should I do?

I think you’ve given her every opportunity to revisit the relationship and she’s shown she’s not interested. She’s staying pleasant to keep you from being hurt but she’s made her mind up at least for now. You need to go 100% No Contact and that means blocking on social media and not trying to woo her with your stories. The more you stay in contact, even indirect contact like your posts and seeing if she’s read them will keep you stuck. She knows how to find you, your only hope is disappearing and see if she misses you. She may or may not. Statistically she’s decided to move on. You’re gonna have to do the same, sorry i know it sucks but weve all been through it.

Archived