Is there a future?

AndrewAlden

Hi All,

So the other night, my (now) ex decides to end it between us. We had just had a talk the day before saying she wanted some time to think. We had only been dating 6 months, but love each other dearly. She is in her last year at school (22yrs old) and I’m 24 about to be 25. The basic problem is that despite her loving me so much, the problem is just that sometimes I can take things too far, and rather than listen to listen, I’ll listen to argue. We talked,cried, hugged, and kissed together for 3 hours the night she did it. She constantly was telling me she doesn’t think it’s the last we'll see if each other and she herself even asked if she could get ahold of me once she was done with the school year and if she was staying in the area after graduation (which is probable cause her family just moved back here so she was excited to stay for that) she wants to get in touch if neither of us have found anyone. I told her she didn’t have to say that just to make me feel better, and she implored several times she truly meant it (even texted me the same thing that night and next day the same thing). I’ve never loved someone so purely for who they are as a person, and i hate that I hurt her with the way I acted. She said she was confused how she could love someone so much, but not see a future with who they are rn (she had one other serious relationship before me years ago, that was 3 years Long so I wasn’t her first).

I know now I need to focus on myself and getting in a better place. Fixing that negative of mine is something I had told her I wanted to do before, but never took it seriously enough. And now I will. She’s scared that it took this for me to seethe seriousness of it, but at leasst I have the chance now to work on myself. I’m just scared to wait 9 months to contact her seriously. I’ve started NC and that’s all well and fine, I’m just worried about going too long without catching up with her. She said she also wanted to take this time to get herself right. So I just don’t know when it would be appropriate to mail her a letter or get in touch. Does anyone have advice, insight, or further questions?

Archived