Unrequited Love

Stanwilliams12

Need advice. I like someone that I'm working on a project with. I don't know if he likes me/will make move but I'm at the point where I leave our meetings feeling horrendous about myself even if we have a great time. I get excited about seeing him and then have a great time, as soon as our time together is over I feel awful. Horrendous. Mainly due to the fact I want to kiss him so badly and we never do. He is older than me and I don't have the guts to tell him I like him. Do I need to tell him I can no longer work with him in order to get over it?

All advice welcome.

Well, first of all, don't kiss him, but ask him out for coffee to discuss something important. And then you can ask him if he would like to date you. Don't go too crazy. And do be prepared for him turning you down. After all, he may not feel the same. He might see you as more of a daughter. But at least you will know. And don't quit or do anything dramatic if he turns you down. This will just let you know that you should look for someone else if he's not willing to go out on dates. It's too early to talk about love or deep emotions. But see if he wants to date you and be prepared with ideas on the kind of date you would like to do.

Just as a footnote, I had a girl ask me through a friend if I wanted to go on a date, and she may have been about 12 years younger than myself. She was a college sophomore and I was about 32 years old. She wasn't my type and I just couldn't imagine what I would even talk to her about. So I said no, and the few times I saw her afterwards she was either very snippy or would just push by me without saying hi. I felt like, hey, I didn't do anything, but she took it personal. So keep that in mind and good luck.

Are you a boy or a girl? This will have some bearing on the situation.

Don't tell him you can no longer work with him. Learn to be professional and to separate personal feelings from the task at hand.

Also, do not kiss him OR ask him out to coffee to discuss something important unless you want to come across as an Instant Creeper.

Archived