Crying to emotions that i dont think someone else actually cries too

Lennyface

So,im generally emotional,its not something worrying and i know people who are way more emotional than me,but what ive actually noticed is that i cry when im thinking of something that is too big for ones head to take in. I cry when im fascinated. I cry when i think of a possible solution to something that hasnt yet been answered,i cry to music(not even lyrics)just beats even i havent heard to the song before. I havent noticed anyone else crying to these emotions, so i wanted to know the reason. I dont always cry to the above emotions but i often do. (Sorry if there are mistakes because i typed this on my mobile)

I’m also a very emotional person. I wouldn’t say that I cry about things that maybe others wouldn’t . But when I see an advert on TV or something that’s showing babies and kids starving to death in another country. I just lose it and start bawling my eyes out. When everyone else in the room doesn’t seem upset in the slightest. I get teary eyed when I see something that I think is really beautiful too, with my own eyes. Like if the night sky’s looking beautiful or I’m stood on some breathtaking landscape. Had a young wild deer up in Scotland come up to me and stop just a few feet from where I was sitting and it was wonderful and I cried. Aha.

It’s both a blessing and a curse to feel so emotional about everything. But personally I think it’s a thing of rarity in a world of people who seem to feel so little.

So,im generally emotional,its not something worrying and i know people who are way more emotional than me,but what ive actually noticed is that i cry when im thinking of something that is too big for ones head to take in. I cry when im fascinated. I cry when i think of a possible solution to something that hasnt yet been answered,i cry to music(not even lyrics)just beats even i havent heard to the song before. I havent noticed anyone else crying to these emotions, so i wanted to know the reason. I dont always cry to the above emotions but i often do. (Sorry if there are mistakes because i typed this on my mobile)

Hey Lenny, have you ever heard of the Myers Briggs Type Indicator? You could look up the humanmetrics test. The reason is because I resonate with what you say, and this is quite common for NF personalities on Myers Briggs. I’ll explain what this means.

N stands for intuition, and highly intuitive people have the ability to figure out a variety of outcomes with limited information, to notice patterns and just generally think very far in advance. The opposite of intuition is sensing, meaning you are very grounded in here and now, in your physical surroundings. Someone with a strong N is usually more “in his head” than in his physical surroundings.

The F stands for feeling and the opposite is T(thinking). Someone with strong F is more likely to have emotional reactions.

I sense you might be an NF because of your reactions - it’s not just the actual beat of the music, or the words, but the fact that they are little “mind revelations” which are too overwhelming to deal with in the moment. Imagine if you suddenly figured out the solution to world poverty in a spark of genius - that would probably be very overwhelming as our minds are wired to progress slowly, and when there’s a burst of mental energy, our brain doesn’t know what to do with it.

I imagine that you have an amazing capacity to read situations and people, and that your mind also works in a way that you have frequent “aha moments” (or eureka moments) where you suddenly figure out solutions or suddenly understand something. Your reactions to these situations are just a consequence of your intuition. I think this is fascinating. If I could be presumptuous to assume you’re quite young, because as you get older you will learn to nurture this ability. I realise this is not what you asked and that my answer went off on a tangent, but I relate to how you feel because I have the same reactions, and there is so much information about Myers Briggs online - this has helped me immensely in understanding myself, and understanding the consequences of my ability. Myers Briggs is coincidentally also the most widely used personality indicator in organisations, because it helps people work better together and use each other’s strengths.

It’s like any ability you have - it has positives and negatives. If you’re highly empathetic, you’re able to read people and help them, but you’re also sensitive and absorb negative emotions from your surroundings. It’s just about accepting and nurturing your strengths. And I’m sure these overwhelming moments feel great, even though your physical reaction is to cry.

Archived