How can you ignore someone without ignoring them

Creamybutter

So there's this person who's hurt me in the past and has been an absolute jerk. Yes he apologised but its like doing all the and then saying sorry. I cut him out of my life soon after. He is married now and I'm still single.

Now here's the issue. We have a common group of friends and he's often at many gatherings.

1. The fact that I'm stilll single and hes married makes me feel a bit insecure to start off. Like he progressed in some way. I know this is wrong but these are my feelings.

2. I have not spoken to him in person in 2 years except an awkward" hello" when i see him. I just smile awkwardly and walk away.

3. He texted me recently and i just politely replied in a closed ended way.

4. He's tried talking to me a few times at these gatherings but i made it seem like i didn't see him or hear him.

What exactly am i supposed to do the next time especially if we need to interact. I don't want to go out of my way to avoid him and at the same time i don't want to talk to him either. I hate what he did to me and lost all trust. Just about forgiving him for the pain caused. But we end up at a lot of activity meet ups and its really difficult to not go for any of them.

Archived