Logic's song 1-800-273-8255

Hi, So yesterday I stumbled upon Logic's VMA performance of his hit song 1-800-273-8255 which features Alessia Cara & Khalid. I was so incredibly moved and inspired by the performance and song. I cried so hard... I have not been suicidal for a long time, but have had extremely low days when I don't want to live. I thought it would be cool for myself, and others to share our stories, and if the song/videos have impacted/helped you.

VMA Performance:

Music Video:

I'm a 26 year old handsome, skinny, homosexual man with a high functioning forum of autism called Aspergers. I've never fit in with society or have ever really had any close friends. I've gotten along pretty well with some of my coworkers from my jobs, but it's only really been an at work thing. I had a very hard childhood. Never really fit in at school, went to special classes... My parents and I would always fight and they'd take away all my things away, because we couldn't see eye to eye. I remember crying all the time in a barren room not wanting to live, and feeling all alone.

I'm not into sex, drugs, alcohol, partying, or anything in that matter. I tried to make friends outside of work, but when they found out I wasn't interested in any of that stuff it never lasted long. I wake up early, walk to work, get off, walk home, have dinner, play video games, then sleep and repeat. My teachers would tell my mom "I could never keep a job or support myself". I've supported myself for about 6 years and have always had a job. If I quit one, I'd pick another up a few days later. I worked at Target for 6 years and did pretty much everything, including supervising the front lanes, which I was very proud of.

The biggest highlights of my life are music, art, nature, exploring San Francisco and video games. I use to be so depressed about not having any friends. Music has helped me tremendously overcome my depression from that never ending disappointment. As well as all the teasing and criticism I face, for not being like everyone else. It rarely ever hurts me anymore to be called a "girl" or "fag". I also had been kicked on the ground so hard by a bunch of jerks, that they actually broke my right arm. I feel happy and a sense of love when I listen to music, especially songs like Logics 1-800..., it's the thing that makes me happy and keeps me holding on, when I feel so much rejection, hate and criticism from others.

One of the hardest times of my life was when I really wanted to be friends with this guy at Target. He always very sweet and kind, and wholesome. Nothing like your average college kid. I was so excited when he responded to me on Facebook about wanting to hangout. Then after two nice hangouts he stopped talking to me. My heart sank, I became depressed and after being rejected a couple time earlier that year, I decided to just be alone like I was my whole childhood. I know I'll never have friends or a lover, but as long as I have music in my life, I know I can make it through.

Please feel free to share your stories as well! Would love to hear them!

Archived