What do you do to make yourself feel good?

AvaD21

I posted yesterday about a weird situation with a guy I was involved with. Tonight I asked him outright if he was back with his ex, he told me it's headed that way (again, they've had multiple 'breaks'). He said he really liked me but that A lot of my behaviour basically scared him off. (Picking fights out of frustration, panicking about what was going on, speaking to other guys etc).

I accept that. I accept I may have messsd up and scared him off back to his ex. I can't change that now, I think We both could've handled it better.

I know now I need to move on from it but my heart hurts, it's not a break up though so it's weird. What do you guys do to make yourself feel better when your feeling really quite down?

I read your other threads. I'm sorry to say, but this should not come as a surprise. He still has a house with her and was still on & off with her when you started dating? And she was tagging him on Facebook, acting like they are still together, and he did nothing to assuage your fears?

Someone on that thread said "The way you got them is the way you lose them", which I believe is true in this case.

Your insecurities and jealousy became huge here, and how could it not? Stop blaming yourself for picking fights. Blame him for playing the two of you like ends of a jumprope.

As to the answer to your question, what to do to make yourself feel good, the best answer for me is: other people. Friends, family members, co-workers you're close to, etc. For me, all the yoga classes, manicures, classes, whatever, in the world don't really make me feel good. All those things do is fill my time. It's the people that help.

I'll save you the trouble of reading my huge thread, by telling you that I have literally just been through almost this exact same situation. My now exBF has now re-friended his exes (in his case, there were multiple), and I know that he's talking to them all. He's also back dating again, and probably back to playing these exes against each other, as he was doing when we first met. Yep, the way I got him is the way I lost him.

I do think you need to cut yourself some slack over this last one ava in all seriousness ....he wasn't available at all ... you know when you see people ending a relationship and jumping straight in ..well he did that well before it was really over with his ex .. I honestly don't think you could have done anything to keep him on board ... I mean great that you recognise certain traits of yourself that you want to change ...so maybe he was put on your path to remind you of what you need to work on ....but honestly ...he was always going back to her in my opinion .

Archived