How to feel more emotionally connected to bf again?

Me and my boyfriend have recently gone through some life changing situations, getting his child full time and him buying a house and having to redo the whole thing. So stressful and time consuming things for sure. I was on him a little bit for not spending enough one on one time with me, which now looking back on it .. maybe I was being a little needy and selfish considering the circumstances. We have went on a few date nights, a jack and jill and we've had a wedding we are attending in another country that was planned a while back that is coming up. I'm sometimes quick to blame him for being insensitive about things but definitely need to start taking responsibility for my own faults.

I think I am seeing now though, that through this I feel a little less emotionally connected to him and while I'm bugging him for alone time I'm actually trying to receive the emotional connection again. I have plans to move in soon after him but I sometimes feel he doesn't really want me to, even tho he obviously does. I kind of feel unwanted. I don't know how to feel connected to him. The only time I seem to make him happy is when I don't bother him while he's busy with things. I don't know how to any way else. My question is how would you go about making an effort to get emotionally connected again? Maybe it's just me feeling this way because I don't have much going on out of the normal but he does so he's too busy to notice? Any advice would be nice. Thanks

Have more sex. I'm not kidding or trying to patronize. It's glue for these kind of scenarios.

What kind of advice is that? haha

Just tell him how you feel, I'm sure he'll understand and give you even more emotional attention after this

To him it seems as though you really want to stay away from him, so be open about this to him, you're only gonna be more alone if you refuse for him to be there for you or more alone time

Try it, I'm sure it will progress the relationship better

Archived