Did I do the right thing?

thatguy

Spent 10months dating my now ex. When we first met it was an amazing coincidence, It absolutely felt like fate. I knew right away that all I wanted was to see her smile.

We discovered we had a ton of common hobbies/interests. She had a son, not really what I was looking for. I told her after the first date I enjoyed spending time with her, but am not looking for anything serious. She completely agreed and that she wasn't looking to get too involved.

Well months down the line we really became best friends, she was great. The son thing still plagued my mind, and her familys morals/ways of living. But we continued to see each other and grew more and more attached to each other, picked up some new hobbies which we both loved doing together. We really became each others world. Until I felt a little overwhelmed one night, she noticed and immediately became upset and left. When we talked again she became very cold/distant, saying things arent going anywhere, and I don't love you anymore.

Well, I told her to wait a few days and see if thats really what she feels. It turns out she was just hurt, as was I after the things she said. We ended up taking 2 weeks apart, we both agree we lost ourselves in each other.

A couple days ago we decided to talk, and it just seemed like even though she's an amazing person I have a great connection with. I couldn't get past the idea of her family/son/e.t.c. and thought that it wasn't fair of me to continue the relationship.

I realized I couldn't 100% commit to us, so I ended it. I have very little relationship experience, I don't know if that caused my doubts. I know she loved me very much, and I just couldn't give as much of myself.

It feels crazy to end what was such a great relationship, we basically never fought and clicked on so many levels. We both felt like we were meant to be, and that not seeing each other is surreal. Even breaking up we had identical feelings to our expectations/outcome in the relationship.

It breaks my heart so much to let her go.

Archived