Hello, just need a little outside help about me and my newly situation.

So I've worked with my co worker for three years and hardly noticed her, I'm a "straight" girl and she's a lesbian.

It wasn't until this year there was a joke at work and she started flirting around me, the joke was fun and just friendly until I found myself enjoying it and feeling drawn to her. For all these years we've spoken but only now found out how much we have in common and how much we get along. The joke continues at work and it makes the day go quick with flirting and jokes but she started messaging me outside work, just talking but I felt all excitement to receive her messages and eager to respond. I'm engaged to a guy and she's in a relationship and I know it looks so wrong but I've been with my guy for four years and never let my eyes wander it's only with her I can't control myself. To make matters worse we attaended a party together and spent all night together laughing and talking and ended up going home together... the next morning (without alcohol) we were still connected. We both agree we are so wrong but she's told me she feels drawn to me and I feel the same, I haven't let my feelings known to her I just stated we had a drunken fumble. I know she wouldn't want to be with me but I don't know what to do, she's in my dreams and my thoughts all day and when I'm around her I'm so happy and feel alive. I really don't know what to do now, I think we would end up together again if the situation rised... what shall I do ....

I wouldn't be labelling what you did a simple "drunken fumble" it will sub-consciously give you leave to do it again if you think it was just something that happens when you're drunk.

You really do have to tell your boyfriend what happened and what ever you do, don't get married when you're crushing on another and actually advancing your crush on purpose.

Don't be fooling yourself into thinking you don't know what to do either. I'm sure you know what to do, you're just afraid to be forthcoming with your fiancé in case he leaves you and she's not free to be had.

Get it out and over with and let the chips fall where they may. Stop the flirting in its tracks with the girl at work first, stop any after hours contact and never hang out with her again before you have your talk with your fiancé. At least you can tell him you've done that much.

Archived