Girlfriend is 9 weeks pregnant and pushing me away

Scholes

Me and my girlfriend have only been together about 4 months, she got pregnant quickly and even though it wasn't planned we were both over the moon.

The last few weeks have been hard, she doesn't want me round her and it has become a strain on our relationship. We don't talk like we used to and she says everything makes her feel sick, I have gave her space and we still speak a bit everyday if we don't see each other. I know her hormones are all over the place and I feel bad if I end up getting mad. Does she still want me?

Be supportive, not needy. This is a common occurrence. Read up on pregnancy so you understand some of the early symptoms. Does she live with her parents? How old is she? Are you sure it's yours? What are your plans as far as being a family, supporting the child etc.

Me and my girlfriend have only been together about 4 months, she got pregnant quickly and even though it wasn't planned we were both over the moon. she says everything makes her feel sick

The likelihood of a very new relationship staying together adding a baby to it is not likely. The first year with the baby is a lot of strain on the relationship even one that's very solid . She could be thinking oh my god what have I done ?? I'm having a baby with someone I barely know . That's a big shock for a lot of people .

I've read up on everything,I'm not needy, just want to know what is going on. I have supported her with everything so far.

She is 20, still lives with parents, yeah it is mine, what a vile thing to ask someone.

We are financially fine and have spoke about our own home too.

Ok, but her mom did it too is not a good reason or example. My parents had me when they were 20. They were already married and I will note they are also divorced. They also separated in the first year of my life .

You need more than being a good person to be a good parent and a good spouse .

That is a different situation to mine but what were you like to your husband when you were pregnant?

Not, that I remember. But we had already been together nine years and wanted a family . I was already 30 years old when

I had my son. I know I felt horribly sick because all I did was vomit 20 times a day every single day for seven months . So I may have been a bit please just leave me alone because I'm sick but not because I didn't want him or the relationship .

Congrats..

Actions speak louder. Ask her if their is anything you can help her with? You want to be involved and go to appointments with her.

You want to be there for her so she won't be alone. When she get mad. Give her sometime to get over it. Right now this isn't about her but your son/daughter.

Good luck and wish you the best in fatherhood.

It is all new to me, I was diagnosed with depression so my emotions have been all over the place too.

And ok I can see she wants space when she feels horrible , just hard when you don't live together and the actions seem like she doesn't want you.

The thing is this is going to be hard no bones about it . It's hard even when you're 30 never mind at 20 . And even if both sets of parents had their children really young I don't think they were cheering that you would do the same. I don't know why anybody's parents would think ,yes ! make your life hard on purpose.

Spend your time being supportive . Sure she gets prenatal care go to all the prenatal care appointments. Make sure you have insurance to look after your child I don't know where you live so that could be an issue for you . Make sure you have enough clothing, formula. I don't know if your formula feeding or breast-feeding. If she's breast-feeding make sure she has

the support for that because sometimes that doesn't work easily . Have enough support within your family and friends. Go to parenting classes . Improve your life skills . Improve your coping methods .

Being a parent will be the hardest job you'll ever do .

And if you have a disabled child like we do it could be your job for the rest of your life . Just remember that .the .rest. of .your .life .

Once you become a parent you're a parent till they put you in a box . Nobody knows what that is until they do it people can describe it all they like but you're not going to know what it's like until you do it

Exactly. Actions do, been difficult. It's new to us both obviously. Everything as gone so fast. Anything she needs she always gets it, she knows that. I'm going to first appointment next Friday with her as far as I know.

She will never be alone I know that.

And that's right. Baby is most important thing.

I will give her space when she needs it. Always do. Just a learning curve for us both.

And thank you. I can't wait to be a dad

Yeah it's gonna be hard on her but I'm here to support her. Whenever she needs me, if she wants me to back off then I will.

I live in the U.K. So free healthcare and all that.

She won't be breast feeding and the baby won't go without. Trust me.

And I know that. First time parents it's a learning curve and it's not gonna be easy and I will commit my life to my child.

Yes ,it is a learning curve and it will be one for the rest of your life pretty much. Glad you're dedicated to being a good dad. Remember that promise every day of your life . As I said parenthood is forever not just the first 18 years . I am 50 years old lucky enough to still have both of my parents and I still want to know that they love me and I want to talk to them and get advice from them . And they still want to "advise" me when it's not asked for...lol. And I love being hugged by my mom.

I will have my son with me probably the rest of my life . So our retirement( in 10 years) is to keep working so that he will be safe when we are gone .

So remember it's a forever deal .

Archived