Unsure whether I should leave him

Jk9898

Hi,

I've been with my boyfriend since the 22nd of November 2015, so a little over a year now. He's kind, and sometimes very loving, but doesn't always seem passionate about the relationship. We get on well, but I am not sure if that spark is there anymore.

I really get on with his friends, they've become my friends, and I'd lose them if I stopped seeing him and his family also. He gets on with my family too.

Also, my flatmates at University halls are not the best, and I feel excluded from their group, and am worried I'd be alone.

He's nice, and I don't want him out of my life, but equally, I know how hard it is to just remain friends with an ex.

Please help me, I'm torn.

First off. Get busy with your life and create a great one. The more friends and interests you have the less likely you will be dependent on someone.

When you aren't dependent you make better choices. You aren't choosing from a place of scarcity.

It's been a year and the excitement has worn off.

This is very typical in a relationship of duration. Be careful you don't throw it away chasing after the next shiny object.

I think the catalyst to whether or not he's a good fit for you comes from you working on yourself and getting busy with your life.

The rest will work itself out.

It's not fair to string him along out of fear.

I have been having doubts for a while now, as although he is nice and all, I'm not sure I can see myself staying with him for my entire life. I suppose my issue may have something to do with self esteem as I am worried that if I leave him, I will never find anyone as good as him again.Please, what do I do, because part of me wants to stick it out, and the other part of me wants to be free and enjoy uni life as a single person.

Archived