German Exchange Student

vwguy

Back in 2013 our family hosted a female exchange student from Germany and I got to know her really well throughout the year and we became really good friends. We share a lot of the same interests and values. I really liked her when she left at the end of the school year. She visited in the summer of 2014 and will be visiting again this summer (2016). We message back and forth quite often about a lot of things and I think about her all the time. If she were closer and not our exchange student, I probably would have asked her out already. I've never felt this way about anyone and never have met anyone more amazing than this girl with so many of the same interests as me and that I can talk to about so many things.

There are a few issues here though; one is obviously the distance (her being in Germany and me in the US), two is she seems like family to our family because we hosted her as an exchange student and three I have no idea if she even has a clue that I'm even slightly attracted to her.

I don't know what to do...

Archived