4 years, gone, and I'm the most confused I've ever been.

kyndir

I was with my fiancee for about 4 years. We have had our share of arguments and we have had quite a bit of struggles. We've moved around - some places nice, most not. Finally got settled in and she left because she had fallen out of love at some point in time, and "needed to be a single digit for awhile". Yet still wants to work things out, she says. We split about 4 months ago and have gone through no contact for only a week of that time. Things were a little weird at first but over the past few weeks, she has become increasingly affectionate, yet still claims she doesnt want a relationship. I want her to be so happy, I want to give her the world, and I still love her, but what can I do? She's going through a lot right now and might lose her house - I want her to move in with me but what is this going to do to me in the long run? I dont want to just be comfort, I dont think I could handle seeing her with someone else, and I cant yet bring myself to just not holding her at night, or letting her cuddle up with me. She'll hold onto a hug for what seems like forever. What can I do to help her? to help ME? I feel like I'm going crazy trying to figure this all out.. I'm stuck in love with someone who seems to be affectionate every chance she gets, yet doesnt want to be in a relationship. I feel we have been separated long enough for it to no longer be simple habit.. I havent pressured her to get back with me, so I dont know whats happening. I'm so anxious its hard to just go with the flow. I don't want to be in this same spot with her a few MORE months from now.. I feel like I deserve answers of any sort right now from her! I took her on a vacation with a close friend of ours recently for her birthday gift. She says we are dating yet still not in a relationship, because "we're young and have so much time" and she wants to travel and stuff... Well, all I want is to travel, too. I want to see those dreams come true. I'm so lost, someone, anyone, help please?

How old are you two?

Is this a high school/similar relationship?

Do you come from compatible backgrounds?

Were you/her trapped in the early days of the relationship?

btw:

You said, "...yet doesnt want to be in a relationship."

- She most likely does and also secretly wants to be married. Married that is to the right guy.

Archived