Personal growth

My mind is racing, I can't relax and find peace. I'm off the heels of a break up. I've been here before and I know this pain.

I wonder what the lessons are here for me. I know there are many. Some are obvious while others take awhile to uncover.

I wonder if this is one of those life events that push us to grow as a person. We need to reflect inward and find what we are all about. We need to grow as a person. The pain almost demands that.

Anyone else feel this way?

I've been single for 2 days and yes of course your mind is racing, your brain has enabled the flight or fight instinct. Your whole body wants to fight this situation but you have to learn to calm that and learn to forgive yourself.

You are correct when you say you have to look inward and to your inner soul to repair it and get it ready for the next chapter in your life.

In my current situation there isn't much for me as her depression got the best of her which resulted in her pushing me away because she needed to work on herself without becoming dependent on me. I fully respect that and fully understand her decision which has caused us to say goodbye in a lovely way with no hard feelings.

Now the only choice is for me to rebuild i wouldn't change anything i did in this relationship.

I hope this helps.

Yes- it helps. Thank you.

I feel like difficult situations shake us up, wake us up and we are fully engaged in life at this point.

Pain isn't pleasant but heightens everything and makes up look at everything.

I know I won't be the same coming out the other side of this. I hope to be better. Know myself better. Be a better person.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived