I just don't know what lse to do to find a job...

turtle3

Hello everybody,

I just turned 28 years, I studied chemistry, I am holder of bachelor degree, but I just can't find job in my field for almost 3 years...It really makes me depressed. I only volunteered as a chemist for one year, and the rest of my life I was working as a waitress or in sales in shopping malls. Now I resigned from my last job as sales representative. My country is in Europe, but it is not in EU, and it is really really hard with my passport to go anywhere. I tried in middle east, but they are asking for experience. I mean everybody asks for experience, but how am I supposed to get it when nobody wants to take me? Even for internships I get bad answers...

I came home now, I am sitting whole day with my parents who are retired and we are constantly fighting. I am nervous, they are old and don't understand me, I am really depressed because i really really want to work. I want to be independent, and I have feeling that I will never find a job. I also have a feeling that all people around me have more organized life then me, my friends, even without jobs, they have children to take care of as obligation. And on the other side I am spending every day since I graduated, for at least 2 hours a day applying for job vacancies.

I am just not used on not doing anything at all. Ok, I do things at home of course, but it still doesn't give the feeling that I am useful. I am so afraid that i will turn 30 years, without experience as a chemist, then I will be old...

Please give me some advice if anyone knows some place I can apply.

Thank you.

Have you tried reaching out to your university and old professors? Any research assistant type jobs even unpaid, but something you can put on your resume as direct, relevant and current experience in your field plus a solid reference for you. Any connections that they may have to help you get a job?

Can understand you...Cant sleep at nights because of stress of finding a job...and a job is not only doing something to get some money..it affects your self-esteem, your communication with the others, your relationship with your partner etc. ...just keep looking and fingers crossed.

Can understand you...Cant sleep at nights because of stress of finding a job...and a job is not only doing something to get some money..it affects your self-esteem, your communication with the others, your relationship with your partner etc. ...just keep looking and fingers crossed.

Exactly!!! I tried reaching university,they recommended me for that volunteering program I attended,but it is limited,bcs they keep you only one year for experience.I have no idea.Being waitress or sales is ok for some time,but I really don't want to do it whole my life...Just to keep trying over and over again.

Archived