Ask For Advice

Thread: What to do when someone you love forgets your birthday?

ElizabethB

What to do when someone you love forgets your birthday?

It is my birthday today. One year ago, he was the first person who wished me Happy Birthday without reminding him. This year - nothing. I know, it is still soon -like 2 hours til midnight but I did not hear from him at all. I know he cares about me. He wrote me yesterday but before we could talk longer, I had to go.
    I just don't understand why it hurts so much when a some special person in your life does not wish you or ignores your "big day". If he says nothing, should I say some "funny sarcastic remark" next time I talk to him? ? What to do???

woodc5
    Happy Birthday! Are you two in a relationship?

woodc5
    I guess I should have looked at what section of the forum this is in. I think it's definitely worth asking why he didn't say anything to you on your birthday considering you're in a relationship. Keep in mind that maybe something was up today, so don't be angry about it when you address it and hear him out. Then you can take it from there.

Jd1983
    Happy Birthday!

If he doesn't say anything, I would definitely make a sarcastic remark about it.

ElizabethB
    Thank you for BD wishes. Nothing happened. No email, no message, no call, no IM...I feel really sad about that and also guilty for wanting to tell him something so bad. On the other hand, I feel like a "can't feel" hurt because it is JUST birthday. I have no idea. All is know it hurts me and I can do nothing about that. We are more than friends but we are not couple or anything like that. It is difficult. He did not forget last year, he did this one.

Top Threads
Can anyone figure out how this guy really feels about me ?
This is a little bit complicated. Me and this guy we started off as really good friends for like a couple of years. At the time he was talking to
Boyfriend is getting cold feet about buying a place together?
I recently purchased a one bed room apartment for myself to live. My boyfriend is a doctor and he graduated about a year a half ago and started
Is sexting cheating if it makes your relationship/sex life better?
So I've been with my boyfriend for five years and I love him. I wouldn't dream do anything unfaithful or that would hurt him. A (male) friend and I
I don't want us to live next to his parents!
Hey everyone, I'm yet again back with another issue which I would like your advice on. Just quickly to say im in my early 20's as well as my
Do oposites attract?
My fwb has theory that 2 people that are different are better for relationship than 2 similair people. I dont necesarily aggree, because I think
We are 17 years apart..... Advice Needed.
I never ever thought in a million years this would happen to me, but I met a man who is 17 years older than me on a dating app. And because I had
I want to go to a music festival but my girlfriend is not ok with it.
So my girlfriend and I have been dating for roughly 5 years. There is a music festival coming up that all my friends are going to and that I've been

Featured Threads
Controlling or very opinionated?
Hi, my name is Michael. I came here for some advice on my girlfriend and I's relationship. I am 17 and she is 16 and we've been dating for just shy
Women who prefer/only date younger men
I am dating a woman who is 9 years older than me. However, going after younger guys doesn't appear to be her pattern. In fact, the age difference
Still feels like the first day...
Long long story short.. I'll Coles notes it. I meet the love of my life at a gig I was playing, we ended up not spending a single night apart for
My partner and I have different goals, values, and thinking, should we continue?
My partner and I met a couple years ago when she moved to the city I lived in. We had shared a group of friends but never really knew each other
I'm hurt and not sure what to do ...
So ,this is my first time posting here ,but My mother always said it helps to write things down .So here it goes ! ^^ For a couple of weeks now
Who Am I and What do I Want?
Hi everyone, and thanks for reading this. At the moment I feel like I am having some sort of identity crisis, whilst not knowing what I want for
Is it wrong that I still talk to my ex boyfriend?
My ex boyfriend dumped me last week because he was pressuring me to have sex and I wasn't ready to have sex and he keeps calling and texting me every
Ask For Advice