Ask For Advice

Thread: What to do when someone you love forgets your birthday?

ElizabethB

What to do when someone you love forgets your birthday?

It is my birthday today. One year ago, he was the first person who wished me Happy Birthday without reminding him. This year - nothing. I know, it is still soon -like 2 hours til midnight but I did not hear from him at all. I know he cares about me. He wrote me yesterday but before we could talk longer, I had to go.
    I just don't understand why it hurts so much when a some special person in your life does not wish you or ignores your "big day". If he says nothing, should I say some "funny sarcastic remark" next time I talk to him? ? What to do???

woodc5
    Happy Birthday! Are you two in a relationship?

woodc5
    I guess I should have looked at what section of the forum this is in. I think it's definitely worth asking why he didn't say anything to you on your birthday considering you're in a relationship. Keep in mind that maybe something was up today, so don't be angry about it when you address it and hear him out. Then you can take it from there.

Jd1983
    Happy Birthday!

If he doesn't say anything, I would definitely make a sarcastic remark about it.

ElizabethB
    Thank you for BD wishes. Nothing happened. No email, no message, no call, no IM...I feel really sad about that and also guilty for wanting to tell him something so bad. On the other hand, I feel like a "can't feel" hurt because it is JUST birthday. I have no idea. All is know it hurts me and I can do nothing about that. We are more than friends but we are not couple or anything like that. It is difficult. He did not forget last year, he did this one.

Top Threads
Boyfriend of 3 years is blaming me for his smoking
Hi everyone. First a little background info on the situation: We're both 26 and we met 3 years ago online (not on a dating site) where we maintained
Jealous of my boyfriend's wild past
But not exactly how you would think. I've made my peace with his sexual past, it's his "fun" and wild past that I can't get over. My boyfriend
My mother is snooping into my relationship
I know I posted about how my boyfriend came out as a bisexual after three years of dating right before he wanted to propose. And if some of you don't
We want to be friends with benefits. HELP
So my best friend (guy) and I have been talking about being FWB. We did date for 8 months and broke up 6 months ago, timing was just off, and he had
Long Distance Boyfriend Suddenly Wants Zero Commitment?
I hope I can get my head on straight by posting this here, and appreciate all advice possible. I've been dating my boyfriend Long Distance for
Curious Question for Women
I am very curious as to this desire that seems to "afflict" many women that after a failing, failed, loss of romance in the relationship for them or
would you stay with bf who has admittedly once shoved his ex
Hi all, Sorry if this is a bit long. I've been with my bf for 5 to 6 months. We live in the same apartment building so have been spending Alot of

valendtine's  day counseling
Featured Threads
How should I proceed?
I have financially supported my wife for the first 10 years of our marriage. I paid for everything (including her student loan from college) while
Was it rape if it wasn't violent?
Okay, I've never posted this on a forum or anywhere before so it's a little uncomfortable for me but bear with me. I met a guy two years ago that
Not sure what to make of this
So my boyfriend, 28, and I (26) have been together a year and a half now. My boyfriend, "Brett", used to be a member of this site called 'Suicide
Was He Cheating?
I need some advice. I have been with my bf for 2.5 years. I recently went through his phone which I never do but I had a bad feeling. He's been
My mother is snooping into my relationship
I know I posted about how my boyfriend came out as a bisexual after three years of dating right before he wanted to propose. And if some of you don't
hello new here and have a very unique situation
I just want to say HI and share a situation that I need help with desperately. So I will start off. I am a 37 yr old male, healthy and fit. I own
Do I leave my secure relationship for my soulmate?
So I've been with my fiancÚ for about 6 years and engaged half that. I've also been friends with a coworker of his for those 6 years. Only about a
Ask For Advice