Ask For Advice

Thread: What to do when someone you love forgets your birthday?

ElizabethB

What to do when someone you love forgets your birthday?

It is my birthday today. One year ago, he was the first person who wished me Happy Birthday without reminding him. This year - nothing. I know, it is still soon -like 2 hours til midnight but I did not hear from him at all. I know he cares about me. He wrote me yesterday but before we could talk longer, I had to go.
    I just don't understand why it hurts so much when a some special person in your life does not wish you or ignores your "big day". If he says nothing, should I say some "funny sarcastic remark" next time I talk to him? ? What to do???

woodc5
    Happy Birthday! Are you two in a relationship?

woodc5
    I guess I should have looked at what section of the forum this is in. I think it's definitely worth asking why he didn't say anything to you on your birthday considering you're in a relationship. Keep in mind that maybe something was up today, so don't be angry about it when you address it and hear him out. Then you can take it from there.

Jd1983
    Happy Birthday!

If he doesn't say anything, I would definitely make a sarcastic remark about it.

ElizabethB
    Thank you for BD wishes. Nothing happened. No email, no message, no call, no IM...I feel really sad about that and also guilty for wanting to tell him something so bad. On the other hand, I feel like a "can't feel" hurt because it is JUST birthday. I have no idea. All is know it hurts me and I can do nothing about that. We are more than friends but we are not couple or anything like that. It is difficult. He did not forget last year, he did this one.

Top Threads
Girlfriend flies off the handle for asking for me asking to discuss an issue
Girlfriend says she is going to watch a movie then go to dinner with her family, which I'm cool with. Fast forward a little later into the night she
I think he's considering a break up... I want to turn things around
Hi guys, My boyfriend and I have been dating for a few years. I've always struggled with the issue of being supportive of him. I think he's
My Boyfriend Told Me He's Embarrassed of My Past
First off I apologize in advance for how long this is. I'm just sadly one of those people who have to over explain to feel like you get it
Wondering?
Ok, I posted before about my situation but I would like to further talk. This woman I became involved with 3 years ago TOLD me she had feelings for
Can My BF possibly have a double life?
So my boyfriend has never given his second mobile number which is of a smartphone (I am aware that he has it! and has used it around me, so its not a
What the heck ! shady guy , very confused !
Hi everyone! Sorry for writing so much I hope you have patience to read it! Thank you for your help! I have been going out with a guy just as
My boyfriend "punishes" me and treats me like a child
My boyfriend treats me like a child Today he got mad at me because I made him wait for nothing. We were at college and we had class at the same

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Tired of Being His Provider??
Okay so I found this site through Google. This seems like a pretty common topic and I suppose I just need to vent. My husband has been unemployed
Beautiful women who works at lush...
So there is this a girl who works at this place. I've been in there twice now and she is a stunner. Its one of those girls who you have to look twice
Being left for another man by my ex girlfriend
My and my ex gf broke up 7 months ago back in late April. We had bad fights and she stated she was unhappy. She then proceeded to have an active
Wondering?
Ok, I posted before about my situation but I would like to further talk. This woman I became involved with 3 years ago TOLD me she had feelings for
Break up Advice Needed
Hi all, I really need some advice on my recent break up with my girlfriend of almost five years. A few months ago I started to feel unhappy and
She's getting ready for marriage. She thinks that it is what I want. My fault.
So, I am pretty much in a difficult situation. I have been with a girl for the past 4 years. In these 4 years, after a while I realized she really
Venting - Advice...?
Hello, Im a 36 year old male, married with 3 kids. My wife and I are pretty much like roommates. There is zero sex life and its from both ends
Ask For Advice