Ask For Advice

Thread: What to do when someone you love forgets your birthday?

ElizabethB

What to do when someone you love forgets your birthday?

It is my birthday today. One year ago, he was the first person who wished me Happy Birthday without reminding him. This year - nothing. I know, it is still soon -like 2 hours til midnight but I did not hear from him at all. I know he cares about me. He wrote me yesterday but before we could talk longer, I had to go.
    I just don't understand why it hurts so much when a some special person in your life does not wish you or ignores your "big day". If he says nothing, should I say some "funny sarcastic remark" next time I talk to him? ? What to do???

woodc5
    Happy Birthday! Are you two in a relationship?

woodc5
    I guess I should have looked at what section of the forum this is in. I think it's definitely worth asking why he didn't say anything to you on your birthday considering you're in a relationship. Keep in mind that maybe something was up today, so don't be angry about it when you address it and hear him out. Then you can take it from there.

Jd1983
    Happy Birthday!

If he doesn't say anything, I would definitely make a sarcastic remark about it.

ElizabethB
    Thank you for BD wishes. Nothing happened. No email, no message, no call, no IM...I feel really sad about that and also guilty for wanting to tell him something so bad. On the other hand, I feel like a "can't feel" hurt because it is JUST birthday. I have no idea. All is know it hurts me and I can do nothing about that. We are more than friends but we are not couple or anything like that. It is difficult. He did not forget last year, he did this one.

Top Threads
Bumped into my ex, says she wants me back.????
Right, bumped into my ex last night, walking through the city park... Got chatting, very nice calm surroundings.. Trees, grass, sunshine, I
Gf slept with someone else before we are official.
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=&]Have been with my gf for 4 months and there have been ups and downs which I have worked through - but I guess im secretly
My boyfriend never confirms plans until the very last minute! How do i fix this?
Hi all, What are your thoughts on last minute date planners? Do you find this rude? Selfish? I have been with my boyfriend for a year or so and
Bf Conversation
Bf told me that our relationship it is only for fun, because I live too far. And that it will take time for me to relocate, and that he is not
Need advice
So I was in a 3 and a half years relationship about 2 years ago and I feel like since then I got lost in "the game". I feel as if I can't keep girls
Confused -any advice appreciated!
I'd appreciate any advice! I have been with my boyfriend for almost 3 years. When we first met he was exactly what I wanted in a partner; he was
Perpetually sad SO, advice?
Does anyone have any advice for dealing with a partner who can't/won't talk about their emotional needs/wants? First some background on them

Featured Threads
I would kill just to talk to her again:(
I know, it's pathetic. But it's been 6-7 weeks, post breakup, and I text her only once during that time, which was a short and uplifting text, but to
One year after my wife left, am I ready to move on?
My three year marriage came to an end about a year ago. During the three years, we were very happy, mainly because I was extremely giving. She came
Girlfriend Problems
My friend and I have had a "thing" for about a year now and we're technically dating. We both love each other and we've grown very comfortable around
Too much confusion...
About month ago I felt perfect , everything was going just fine, I mostly stopped thinking about my ex,and then bam - she contacted me. She contacted
Did I do the right thing? Dating a guy with kids whos living with his baby mama
Okay so basically I struck up a friendship with someone online who told me he had three kids and he was still living with his baby mama. The big red
How to make things up with my family?
Hi all, About a couple of weeks ago, I had an argument with my parents that escalated into something way bigger than it should have been, and
She isn't happy with me anymore.
Hi, I just found out about this site and I decided to ask you guys for help. I've been dating a girl for 4 months. She has anxiety and sometimes gets
Ask For Advice