Ask For Advice

Thread: What to do when someone you love forgets your birthday?

ElizabethB

What to do when someone you love forgets your birthday?

It is my birthday today. One year ago, he was the first person who wished me Happy Birthday without reminding him. This year - nothing. I know, it is still soon -like 2 hours til midnight but I did not hear from him at all. I know he cares about me. He wrote me yesterday but before we could talk longer, I had to go.
    I just don't understand why it hurts so much when a some special person in your life does not wish you or ignores your "big day". If he says nothing, should I say some "funny sarcastic remark" next time I talk to him? ? What to do???

woodc5
    Happy Birthday! Are you two in a relationship?

woodc5
    I guess I should have looked at what section of the forum this is in. I think it's definitely worth asking why he didn't say anything to you on your birthday considering you're in a relationship. Keep in mind that maybe something was up today, so don't be angry about it when you address it and hear him out. Then you can take it from there.

Jd1983
    Happy Birthday!

If he doesn't say anything, I would definitely make a sarcastic remark about it.

ElizabethB
    Thank you for BD wishes. Nothing happened. No email, no message, no call, no IM...I feel really sad about that and also guilty for wanting to tell him something so bad. On the other hand, I feel like a "can't feel" hurt because it is JUST birthday. I have no idea. All is know it hurts me and I can do nothing about that. We are more than friends but we are not couple or anything like that. It is difficult. He did not forget last year, he did this one.

Top Threads
Thinking about proposing without a ring.
So it's been a bit over three years now that I've been seeing my girlfriend. I'm really not a big-on-marriage guy altogether (certainly not opposed
Can't get over girlfriends past
I've been dating this girl for about 5 months and its going great. The only issue is that I can't get over her sexual history. There are several
Is he still in love with his EX?
I met this great guy at work (last November), he just got out of a painful breakup (last September) during that time he kept communicating with his
Think of the last time you insulted your partner....
Did you: [LIST] [*]Do it spitefully, or did it just come out? [*]Did you think you were fair? [*]Did you apologize and validate that you hurt
Can you marry if you don't like her dad?
My girlfriend and I have been together 4 years. We are both 26. Relationship wise, things are great. We get along and communicate well. There are a
Lack of Affection or Effort?
Perhaps I'm too sensitive, maybe missing the important bits; me and my boyfriend have been together a little over 3 years, reaching 4 this June. At
he's trapped
taking to my bf lastnight about how things are going with us, and i asked him two very hard questions, which the answer hurt to hear, but i can't

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Is he still in love with his EX?
I met this great guy at work (last November), he just got out of a painful breakup (last September) during that time he kept communicating with his
Can't get over girlfriends past
I've been dating this girl for about 5 months and its going great. The only issue is that I can't get over her sexual history. There are several
I dont like my girlfriends new piercing
So my girlfriend went and got nipple piercings knowing that i didnt like them and didnt tell me she was gonna get them. They are a really big turn
What I am to her ?
hey guys I want some counseling .. I met a girl online .. At first she said that she doesn't wanna fall for me and we will be just friends .. I said
I want my family back
Hi, I was dumped on New Years Eve by my ex girlfriend of 8 years whom I have a 6 year old with. We have been arguing for the past few months prior to
Anxious and depressed about being 32 yo and not married
I could really use some kind and encouraging words right now because I wake up every morning to an intense feeling of pain because I am alone. I'm 32
Ex (dumper) delays giving keys back. Why?
First time poster. Been viewing threads somewhat regularly for a few months now and figured I'd get a few opinions. I'll give a little of the
Ask For Advice