I can't get over my favorite teacher leaving.

2bExact

I'm 17. My favorite teacherleft after my freshman year and i've missed her so much. i wrote her a few letters, and she wrote me back once. then, i wrote her back three more. this is what scares me. i wrote her waaaaay too many letters! i feel like a stalker! my last letter was to apoligize for any inconvenience with my other letters... i'm afraid now that she thinks i'm a creeper or she's mad at me. i can't stop checking her facebook in hopes that i can see her face!! i know really weird. this is not at all sexual, although i'm not going to deny having a small girl crush on her. she was one of my best role models and i hate that i lost her. I thoght these feelings would have gone away within these four years, but they've only grown stronger. it sucks because no matter what i'm doing, i'm always hoping that i'll see this teacher again or that i'll get a letter from her in the mail and those chances are slim to none. i call myself a hopeless dreamer. how can i stop crying over her? this is crazyness

thanks for replying. no, i'm not missing a mother- i have stopped the letters and emails but it's just so hard to stop worrying whether or not i have upset her with those letters and emails. i ahev plenty of friends and we hang out a lot, but i feel like i trapped myself

• 6 years later...
I'm 17. My favorite teacherleft after my freshman year and i've missed her so much. i wrote her a few letters, and she wrote me back once. then, i wrote her back three more. this is what scares me. i wrote her waaaaay too many letters! i feel like a stalker! my last letter was to apoligize for any inconvenience with my other letters... i'm afraid now that she thinks i'm a creeper or she's mad at me. i can't stop checking her facebook in hopes that i can see her face!! i know really weird. this is not at all sexual, although i'm not going to deny having a small girl crush on her. she was one of my best role models and i hate that i lost her. I thoght these feelings would have gone away within these four years, but they've only grown stronger. it sucks because no matter what i'm doing, i'm always hoping that i'll see this teacher again or that i'll get a letter from her in the mail and those chances are slim to none. i call myself a hopeless dreamer. how can i stop crying over her? this is crazyness

thanks for replying. no, i'm not missing a mother- i have stopped the letters and emails but it's just so hard to stop worrying whether or not i have upset her with those letters and emails. i ahev plenty of friends and we hang out a lot, but i feel like i trapped myself

Omg I am going through that and I felt like absolutely know one could understand as I didn't even understand I miss my old teacher so bad and she's gone to teach a different class and I hear them talking about her or something funny she did in class and all I would want to do is cry and I don't even know why I email her and I go on her face book to somtimes I feel like a stalker! I wish this would go away

Stop the letters an emails, stop checking up on her Facebook, and try to focus on people you'r own age. You aren't missing a mother role model are you ?

It sure sounds to me like you are missing out on a role model of some sort. Google that and see if it fits you. You can get over this kind of problem quickly simply by realizing it exists and understanding yourself. Or most of it anyway. Plus: Teachers are aware of this kind of thing, and that is why she is distancing herself from you. She realizes you have a role model problem.

Archived