Ask For Advice

Thread: My ex-husband is dating my boyfriend's ex-wife!!

freakedout

Question My ex-husband is dating my boyfriend's ex-wife!!

This is too strange! I've been dating "John" for about nine months, and it appears we will be together for a long while. My ex-husband started dating John's ex-wife, "Sue", at roughly at the same time. Without fail, every person who knows us all echoes my sentiments: "This is really weird and freaky and uncomfortable!"

I know I shouldn't care what my ex is doing; we've been apart for a year and a half. But somehow I feel very angry about this, and actively wish for their relationship to fail! They are both mentally unwell people, which makes them about right for each other.

How can I get over this?? Wishing for them to go down in flames hasn't been working so far

petite
    Why do you even care? You have someone new, you're happy with, let them be happy also.

Jd1983
    You're right in saying that this is really weird and awkward.

However, instead of focusing all your energy on wishing the worst on them, why not take that extra energy and putting it towards your own relationship?

Things didn't work out between your ex husband and his ex wife for a reason. I believe that everything happens for a reason. Maybe, you're really meant to be with your bf.

Oh hay its Jai
    sorry....but let it go...

if you are happy in your relationship, which i am assuming you are not as happy as you claim, otherwise who your ex is dating shouldnt matter.

the heart whats what the heart wants. allow them to be happy.

Neesa

I know this has been a while since your post but the exact same thing has happened to me. It is sad that Ex's are doing this but I do believe in my particular case it was intentional. I was dating my boyfriend for 3 years when he bitter ex wife found out and started dating my ex husband. Her sister in law shared with me how upset she was about me dating her exhusband and it took her 4 months just to find my ex-husband. Now my ex and her are making our lives hell - visiting with my biological family regularly - spreading lies. Recently we announced our engagement - they were furious according to our children - now they are getting married. I simply don't know what to do here. I either give up on my love and happiness or try to ignore it. It makes me sick to know that there are vindictive haters in the world who try to steal your happiness just for spite.

LOOKBEYOND

To the last post----I have almost an identical story. Mine and my husband's ex sought each other out after we were together. Same interference with family except the lies and stories were to try and ruin my chance of having a relationship with my husband's family. Especially, after we got married..tried to get everyone on board with ruining our marriage. Now they decided after 6 yrs to "officially" move in together. Our kids are embarrassed about it. It's constant drama. And they each were the ones who originally initiated divorce. Yet they are so disgruntled that we found happiness. So intern, the ex-wife just constantly causes drama and anger between anyone and everyone. When she's not around, the rest of us, including my ex and my husband's family all get along fine. It has nothing to do with who my ex is with or my husband's ex is with, as much as it's about the constant drama that impacts the adults and mostly the children. I believe they were embarrassed by their relationship as well since they hid it from people for quite some time.

Top Threads
Dated, broke up, reconciled, had a relationship, now dumped again
I took a hiatus from this site because in the past year or so, I made so many bad decisions that I felt I could no longer, in good conscience, offer
Ladies...Help please! Is my girl losing intrest or is she really busy?
Hey friends. I'd really appreciate some female advice here. We've been together for 7 months. I am 34, shes 25 and haven't been the best
how to help ex-girl (low self esteem) and help my relationship?
Girl Friend Broke up with me last week because she has low self-esteem issues possibly some depression. She says she canít be in a relationship right
Finding out he is married but I want him.... help
Right, this is a long story.... 8 Years ago, I left a cheating ex with our oldest and pregnant and since then I have been on my own. I have been
HELP Am I in a relationship but still in love with my ex? Cant figure it out!
Okay yíall here we go. Please bare with meÖI do tell a good story though so yea, cuz my life is a ing mess lmao OK! So I am currently in a
Is he interested or just playing with me?
So hereís my story. Iíve been with my boyfriend for 3,5 years and as we were about to cross 3 years mark our relationship was really struggling
My boyfriend keeps on cancelling plans
I have been with this guy for about 6 months, and we go weeks and weeks without seeing each because We usually do things on Friday and Saturday;

Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Iím at a really bad state of mind right now
Itís been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, heís messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I donít care about), and has
Ask For Advice