Should I be worried about my boyfriend...?

-Sanguine-

For the past few weeks or so I've noticed my boyfriend being a little distant.

I've been putting off asking him cause I'm afraid I'm just overthinking things.

This is what I've noticed

-he used to always call and randomly sing to me, and just act silly - it's probably been a month since that happened.

-I feel like we talk less than we used to

-he doesn't say sweet things to me as often as he used to (still does occasionally)

I've noticed more, but first I'll say why I think I might need to be worried.

He doesn't get many hours with his job, so he is bored a lot of the time.

Some days (when I felt like I hardly talked to him), he had been sleeping for the majority of the day, and he wasn't even up late the night before.

When I talk to him on the phone, usually it's just me talking about my day.. When I ask about his, he says 'uneventful' or 'boring'.

I feel more like I'm forcing him to talk to me, although other times he will call and say goodnight to me.

I feel like he might be depressed? He's just not his lively self like he used to be.

It's either that or he's just over the honeymoon stage of our relationship...

I'm not sure what to think

but either way I've been feeling bad about it lately, don't know what to do..

also, we are long distance, and when we are in person, I have no issues with any of this. He seems completely normal and sweet.

If he's experiencing a loss of hours with work, that could be stressing him out. If he is battling depression, it's hard to keep the routine that one might have had.

I know when I was depressed, I was a completely different person.

If he's normal when he sees you, it's probably because he's happier and probably feels more at ease.

If he's experiencing a loss of hours with work, that could be stressing him out. If he is battling depression, it's hard to keep the routine that one might have had.

I know when I was depressed, I was a completely different person.

If he's normal when he sees you, it's probably because he's happier and probably feels more at ease.

Thing is, my boyfriend has always been so upbeat. But I know he's probably not happy with how his life is at the moment.

I'm starting to think maybe it has something to do with him losing interest in me?

:S

Do I ask him about this?

are you sure that he doesnt have a next woman pregnant for him, sorry to tell you so , but when guys act up that way, its more less situations they cant over come without a "double trouble master"???? ask him what is wrong then try to get to him asap or else it will just easily fade...oops sorry

are you sure that he doesnt have a next woman pregnant for him, sorry to tell you so , but when guys act up that way, its more less situations they cant over come without a "double trouble master"???? ask him what is wrong then try to get to him asap or else it will just easily fade...oops sorry

yes, I am positive he doesn't have another woman.

Well, it could be that he's losing interest in you. But it could also be that things are not going well in his life right now and he's unhappy. Sometimes when people's lives are not going well, they pull away from their S.O.'s even though they are not losing interest in them. I think that the best thing you can do is give him time and space. Be there and be supportive but don't expect him to act happy if he isn't. That doesn't mean you should accept neglectful behavior but just try to do for him what you'd want done for you if the situation were reversed. Immerse yourself in your own life outside of the relationship and enjoy it. Give him time to get back to his usual self and continue to be there for him.

Archived