I'm a firm believer in positivity, but...

-Sanguine-

lately I'm just having a hard time and I need some support/way to vent..

I moved to a new city last week - one that I've never lived in so it is completely unfamiliar to me and so different from what I'm used to.

I live with my best friend and she is the only person who I know here.

I just started college and my days are very long. I have to wake up at 5 every morning to ride the bus for an hour and a half. I get home at around 4.

I haven't seen my boyfriend in 36 days and everytime he thinks he can come see me, I get my hopes up and then it doesn't happen because of his job. It's really hard on me.

I've been down lately, and my best friend noticed. Today she cried and made me feel bad for being down because she says that she doesn't know how to help me feel better and it was stressing her out. It made me feel angry because I shoul be allowed to have emotions. It makes me feel like I need to be positive for the both of us and it's so hard right now just being positive for myself.

That also made me feel even worse because I'm affecting her life.

I also feel really sick and I'm not sure why.

Plus, my birth control makes me feel like I'm on an emotional rollercoaster.

I'm sick of crying, but I can't seem to stop.

I know this sounds petty and there are people far worse off than me, but I just feel very low lately and don't know how to get better.

Everyone gets down some times and regardless of if somone is in a better or worse position they are your feelings and you have them for a reason.

Dont worry about your friend she just thinks that shes not a good enough friend to keep you happy but once you chear up again then she will as well, maybe you just need some time for yourself, take some time go see your bf if he cant come see you, go home see some of your old friends and family just relax a little before going back to this new routeen.

Its probobly just being a bit home sick, you need a break every now and then.

Everyone gets down some times and regardless of if somone is in a better or worse position they are your feelings and you have them for a reason.

Dont worry about your friend she just thinks that shes not a good enough friend to keep you happy but once you chear up again then she will as well, maybe you just need some time for yourself, take some time go see your bf if he cant come see you, go home see some of your old friends and family just relax a little before going back to this new routeen.

Its probobly just being a bit home sick, you need a break every now and then.

I can't go see him, or anyone. I have no car. He doesn't either which makes things harder. I would have to take the bus which leaves at inconvenient times and returns the same.. meaning I would have to miss school which I can't afford to do.

But thanks for the support.

Ah I can understand circumstances being difficult, in that case try to make an advanced booking so that you can plan it all and have the time just for you two, in the mean time talk to him on the phone and try to think happy thoughts, look forward to the time you get to see him and every time you have a negative thought or feeling just think about how long you have until you get to see him next.

I hope things start getting better for you soon.

Ah I can understand circumstances being difficult, in that case try to make an advanced booking so that you can plan it all and have the time just for you two, in the mean time talk to him on the phone and try to think happy thoughts, look forward to the time you get to see him and every time you have a negative thought or feeling just think about how long you have until you get to see him next.

I hope things start getting better for you soon.

Thankyou. I try, I really do. I'ma naturally positive person and so now I don't even know how to handle myself.

Everytime he thinks he can see me, it always gets cancelled...

so I need to train myself to not get excited?

No if you dont get excited about anything you end up like me, sitting in a corner on your own while everyone else has a great time and noone seems to even be able to see you lol.

No just make a plan with plenty of notice with a back up plan as well, if he can get the time off of work then work can arange to cover for him with plenty of time, if not their problem not his.

Dont worry we all have our moments where we just need some support, I sugest if your friend cant handel you feeling upset just phone somone to chear you up then spend some time out having a laugh with her and that may take your mind off of it

No if you dont get excited about anything you end up like me, sitting in a corner on your own while everyone else has a great time and noone seems to even be able to see you lol.

No just make a plan with plenty of notice with a back up plan as well, if he can get the time off of work then work can arange to cover for him with plenty of time, if not their problem not his.

Dont worry we all have our moments where we just need some support, I sugest if your friend cant handel you feeling upset just phone somone to chear you up then spend some time out having a laugh with her and that may take your mind off of it

I'll try =)

It's not easy moving to a new city. I think you are just dealing with the change and once you get settled in, things will be better for you. You will be comfortable in time. But the trick is, you have to give it time. Don't think "Omg this is horrible and this is how it will be forever."

It's okay to have a breakdown. You're human. It happens. It's good for you to let it out sometimes. NO one says you have to be miss perfect, positive all the time. You are going through change and change isn't easy. But you'll look back on it eventually and realize it's not so bad.

As far as your friend goes, don't get mad at her. I've been in that spot. She's just trying to be the best for you and is just upset because she doesn't know how to help you or she feels that she isn't enough to keep your spirits up.

It's not easy moving to a new city. I think you are just dealing with the change and once you get settled in, things will be better for you. You will be comfortable in time. But the trick is, you have to give it time. Don't think "Omg this is horrible and this is how it will be forever."

It's okay to have a breakdown. You're human. It happens. It's good for you to let it out sometimes. NO one says you have to be miss perfect, positive all the time. You are going through change and change isn't easy. But you'll look back on it eventually and realize it's not so bad.

As far as your friend goes, don't get mad at her. I've been in that spot. She's just trying to be the best for you.

I guess I'm just so used to being the supporter, not the supportee. I wasnt going to get mad at her, I just felt like if she was going to break down,then I needed to be stronger and that's something I don't think I can do right now.

Archived