ever feel worn out from stress, injury or lack of sleep?

I think I'm suffering from all of the above. Got injured last month. That still hurts. Nothing was broken, but it hurts really bad still.

I am having trouble getting work in my area. All of my assignments are petering out. And to make matters worse, been having trouble online.

That I will not go into, but our computer has been acting very weird! couldn't even get online for an entire day on day a few weeks back.

Now, trying to get all these problem sorted out, esp. the computer problem, I'm not getting the sleep i need. Twice the past few days I've only gotten 4-5 hours sleep.

How does one get their "mojo" back. I don't want to start spring off, being beat, run-down.

I'm starting to wonder if turning on the computer, at all, is even a good idea. LOL. We get on here and lose track of time.

CT,

You've got to make yourself relax....a long hot bath, with soothing music, favorite jammies, cup of decaf tea before bed.

Or a long hot shower.

Try NOT focussing on the problems, let your mind take a break. Watch something on TV that's soothing, no action movies and the like.

If you do this a few nights in a row, your mind will be conditioned that it's time to sleep.

This has worked for me...I know stress!

I'm stressed about a few things. Lack of work opportunities, this injury, got a contusion on a limb that still a bit swollen, & it hurts alot still, I'm worried I won't heal up. But this staying up on the web late at nite habit, that's got to go!

Not getting enough sleep, that's got to be the worst as far as keeping yourself healthy. I feel like i'm going to fall down at any minute now! LOL.. no, not really, but I would feel GREAT if I hadn't stay up all nite.

Could I PM you KG?

How have you been doing anyway KG?

I feel rundown all the time.....I don't sleep well as it is and I take care of my family plus work full time. It seems there is never enough time for anything. On top of all that, I took it upon myself to cover extra shifts last week and I'm still paying the price in terms of feeling down right exhausted.

Take time for you.....Are you getting your injury looked at by a doctor?

Make sure you take vitamins everyday.....I started taking them a few weeks ago.....Helps with the lack of energy and keeps you overall healthier.

Well, I went to the dr., right after the injury and 2 weeks after that.. but they said I should feel better in a month and it's been a month now. I guess I need to go back, just to check, but I'm scared to, since I may be told I need an MRI and I sure cannot afford that, I don't have the cash to do so. we don't have insurance at the moment!

I am wondering what would help heal a contusion though? I have heard arbica stuff can be good, but I'm not sure about a deep contusion. My limb was literally black & blue for weeks. Now that's faded but the pain is still here. Ouch! It's draining being in pain too. I know that well.

At least you got the chance to take extra shifts metrogirl! that's a good thing! Okay.. well, i may well go PM ya KG, if you do not mind. Do you mind? I need to talk to someone in private. Is that okay?

Spent most of the last two years in pretty much all three. It's not fun. Counselling, working out, and focusing intensely on some sort of activity using my hands (latch hook or paint by number) helped me a lot.

BTW vitamin C is good for healing deep bruises. Had a really bad bone bruise on the top of my shin that the doc said would be around for 3 months and it was gone in 3 weeks. Maybe just lucky

Vitamin C huh? I may try that. I don't usually take Vitamin C but it's good for alot of things. I think my doctor prescribed it for me in a large dose when I had mono a long time ago.

Yeah, it's definitely a bone bruise. I fell into a hole, my leg was up to my knee in the hole and it definitely hit the bone. Cuz something heavy fell on the leg after I fell into the hole!

Ouch....Every time I touch the area next to my knee (which luckily was not broken) it hurts like hell. Did you get any pain down the leg from that injury CO? I notice my toes are hurting me lately.. especially my big toe, and on that side, my hip bone seems to hurt.

I'm thinking going to a competent licensed massage therapist wouldn't help either.

TY for everyone's advice & posts here. Nice to write a post and see peeps response to it Thank you, that means alot.

Well let's see. I haven't had any sleep for the last 36 hours, I haven't had any food for the last 24hrs due to a mouth problem, and I've spent most of that time at work trying to do the job of three people. So do I ever feel worn out from stress, injury or lack of sleep? Welcome to my world. But actually, it's not so bad....

Hope your situation improves soon. I know computer worries can be very stressful for people, which causes you to lose sleep, which causes the injury to feel worse etc.. Solve the first one, or mentally shelve it, and the others should fall back into place.

the computer problem probably a minor one, the leg problem I'm worried bout, but you say your doc said it would take 3 months to heal?

Mine told me only 4 weeks, & its been more than that now, but the hole I fell into, I had a big metal piece of heavy iron fall onto my knee after I fell into the hole. That's exactly where the original injury is too, at my kneecap. Lucky I didnt break! I wouldn't want knee surgery, but it was such a bad contusion it was literally very very scary looking at first, now it's still a bit swollen, STILL really painful at the spot where i got hit, but not really so black and blue. I can still see where I scraped the heck out of my leg when I fell!

There are some possible serious ramifications of bone bruises (you can look them up on orthopedic web sites) but generally, yeah, my doc had projected about 3 months for a deep bone bruise. Mine didn't bruise much at the surface but it was swollen and extremely painful for a couple weeks before it started subsiding. You might ask about applying a heating pad when it is not swollen - my doc had me stay with ice (can't remember why), but I have heard that heat sometimes can help.

link removed

This should help, I hope. Says similar stuff to what my orthopedic surgeon said to me

As far as ramifications, sometimes (not often, I don't think) the bone can have a hairline fracture, and some other more exotic stuff that I've forgotten most of but it's so rare I would not worry about it.

Archived