Is this normal?! Its been almost 5 months!

legos

Here goes:

I'll give you a little background first, I have a baby just shy of turning 5 months old, he was born weighing 9lbs 13 ozs and delivered via c-section. however, because I already had an old low bikini incision/scar from a kidney surgery I had at 10 years old (i am now 31 ) the doctor just cut over the same scar, afterwards he advised me because of this there was extra stretching involved...now, this is my first baby so im not sure how low or high c-section incisions are made.

As for my concern and why Im here...as i said its been almost 5 months since i had the baby, but, my belly looks like I am literally 3-4 months pregnant of how bloated/swollen it still is. As a matter of fact it wasnt even this big after the surgery, it actually got bigger and it doesnt seem to be going down. Also, I have some discomfort on my lower right side. This is so frustrating and my boyfriend is driving me insane to the point its affecting our relationship because he wants to be intimate and since my side hurts I have no interest. I have left several messages for my gyn/ob and he doesnt respond so i went to ER last week because of the pain, they did a ctscan and didnt see anything. I just dont know if its normal to still look pregnant...i know i will have belly fat left, but this is no belly fat, this is "oh, wow, youre pregnant again" comments and me getting sad/worried.

Thanks for your time.

I had a c section almost 7 months ago now... my incision is right above my pubic hair line...

When I first had my c section I was surprised at how small my stomach had gotten (I alwasy thought every woman still looked pregnant right away) but by the time it was time to go home my gut had gotten massive.. over the months it has gone away and I am the same I was before I got pregnant (Im overweight so its not pretty.. lol)

Do you think your stomach is bloated or do you have a few pounds to lose to get back to yoru pre pregnancy weight? Does your incision hurt at all? Mine hurt for awhile but now its fine and its starting to fade...

My incision is about an inch or so below my pubic hair line....so i dont think its that way off. But thats another thing, I thought "wow, my incision is so thin" and then BAM, it has gotten ugly and thick/swollen-like too.

I still have about 15 lbs to lose to my pre pregnancy weight, I started weighing 138 and ended up at 180! But, everyone that knows me says, i look my "normal" weight every where else (minus the belly and hips! heh) and that is why it gives the impression that im pregos again. Ive been wanting to do sit-ups and such but with that pain/discomfort on my right side Im not sure its a great idea.

My incision was very nice looking as well but now half of it is puffy and ugly

I dont know, maybe the weight you have to lose is just in your tummy.... I think thats my problem... but a bit in the thighs too

Could it be infected? You know, MSRA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, or staph infection) that's been so prominent lately can be a really serious, and unfortunately common, infection that doesn't take much to occur. It's incredibly difficult to treat and is incredibly common in hospitals. My mom almost died from it after she had surgery, so I read up on it. Even a minor surgery can become a serious problem if MSRA is introduced.

Archived