Online dating first email hard to wirte to someone

rockdude82

HI I've recently been trying this online dating thing but searching through people profiles I find it difficult to make the first contact with them, any Idea on what sort of things I should be say and ask in my first emails too them, I've sent a few emails off to girls in the past and not had any replys.

That's the problem many men have. Last I heard it was 40% females and 60% males on most dating sites. Women get inundated with emails so it's hard to get through to them. I've basically shyed away from link removed, link removed, plentyoffish, etc. because of that. I had better success with communication with eharmony....but you get a lot less matches. So WHEN I decide to start dating again...I'll probably use the one or two month on/one or two month off strategy on eharmony. Go through the current matches, when the well runs dry...take a month or two off for it to replenish.

(Although I met my last subject of breakup on eharmony!!)

I find discussion boards such link removed can be productive for meeting women as well.

HI I've recently been trying this online dating thing but searching through people profiles I find it difficult to make the first contact with them, any Idea on what sort of things I should be say and ask in my first emails too them, I've sent a few emails off to girls in the past and not had any replys.

Ok first off, never use the subject "hey' or "hi' you and the other million guys send that. I set up a profile with a good looking girls on a site to see what guys write and its all the same and boring. Then try to be funny and point out something in her profile that you find interesting. Never send that she's hot or attractive again every other guy says that to her. Just be light and funny. Its also really good to have a great profile that really shows who you are as a person. Be funny in that too. Show that you're interesting, have goals, and are fun to be around. I also would put in there that you're not taking it seriously or you have some other reason to be on there like you travel lots, work lots etc.

1) Make sure you have a good profile. When someone sent me an email, I looked at his profile before responding. If we seemed like a bad match (in which case, why was he mailing me - cause I am a pretty face?) or if his profile was hastily written, full of typos and grammar errors or even blank I didn`t bother responding (doesn`t seem very committed to online dating). A good photo on the profile is a must too. Me, and many other female online daters automatically think something is fishy if there is no photo.

2) Don`t do form emails. That isn`t very impressive. Refer to something the woman wrote in her profile, ask a question, and show that you have actually read her profile and are interested in HER.

3) Expect rejection. Sad fact of life is that a lot of emails get ignored. The person might not be interested. The person might have already left the site, but the profile is still up, the person might be dating at the time, etc. I got a lot of non-replies as well, despite being an attractive woman.

4) check your grammar and do spellchecking when you send an email. Something with errors (like your post) does not create a good first impression.

I recently got on to link removed and I have tired to contact women through that site basically as practice and well Iv'e had no luck when I don't ask questions. But I did get the attention of one very attractive female on their all I did was ask one question about her. I could be very wrong but heck it worked for me and I did grab her attention vs my firsttime which iam still kicking myself over for not asking atleast one question about her as well as talk alittle bit about her.

Archived