Being on the computer and my eyes...

As a teen, that plays video games for countless hours a day a week, I don't believe it is bad for you...

I still have better than perfect vision, so... hasn't affected my vision yet, and i doubt it will.

It's not like ur a foot away from your TV moniter... The Pixels are so much smaller, and the resolution is so much higher, that I doubt it would hurt your vision...

Maybe if you had a REALLY OLD MONITER...

Cynder, while using CRT monitors I had eye pain, headaches… which just would not go away. Did not consult a doctor or anything but thought to switch to flat panel monitors. Since then everything just disappeared. I can not say for sure that flat panel or relatively high resolution or better refresh rate cured me but most probably flat panels are much better for eyes.

I work as a computer programmer and spend 10+ hours a day in front of a computer screen. I can guarantee it's possible to mess your eyes up lookingat a computer screen.

It's true a TFT is better than a CRT but the big problem comes from your eyes being focused at a fixed length and not being exercised. Make sure you get up at least once ever hour and change your focal length, go off and look out over the countryside or something.

I'm just about to go and book an apointment with an optician because mine have got so bad.

I work as a computer programmer and spend 10+ hours a day in front of a computer screen. I can guarantee it's possible to mess your eyes up lookingat a computer screen.

It's true a TFT is better than a CRT but the big problem comes from your eyes being focused at a fixed length and not being exercised. Make sure you get up at least once ever hour and change your focal length, go off and look out over the countryside or something.

I'm just about to go and book an apointment with an optician because mine have got so bad.

That's a good point, atomic.

Regular breaks are necessary. Your employer should be giving you regular breaks anyway (HASAWA, Health And Safety At Work Act).

I love one of the suggestions on that link you posted:

"Keeping the air around you moist - for example using plants, open pans of water or a humidifier (spider plants are said to be particularly good for this and removing chemical vapours from the air) "

Does beer bottles count? I had a few dozen of those the other day, it wasn't until I put a cold one down and swigged from a 3 day old one that I decided it was time to tidy!!

I love one of the suggestions on that link you posted:

"Keeping the air around you moist - for example using plants, open pans of water or a humidifier (spider plants are said to be particularly good for this and removing chemical vapours from the air) "

Does beer bottles count? I had a few dozen of those the other day, it wasn't until I put a cold one down and swigged from a 3 day old one that I decided it was time to tidy!!

I'm sure they count as adding toxins to the air

My bf is a graphic artist too and he was getting headaches all the time because he spent so much time at the computer for either designing or online games. Since you said that you already have bad eye sight you probably already wear glasses or contacts. You can get a antiglare on your glasses to protect your eyes from the computer screen or buy a screen for your computer like they were saying earlier. It can in time damage your eye sight but not blind you It is because of the frame rate on your computer every time your screen flickers which you can't see your eyes have to adjust; when you have a screen on it or antiglare on your glasses it protects your eyes from this.

Oh for sure about the wrist thing I have a little cys on my wrist from typing for such a long time which has been since hs which is about 13 years ago. It is not serious but I have to go the doctor once a month to get it nicely putting it sucked out and your back is another major thing when you sit at a computer for such a long time. You need something for the curve of your back which will give you support so that later your back doesn't end up bothering you in the end.