??? why would my new bf not sleep overnite with me???

8) Has anyone had this happen to them before???

Been dating for just over 2 months now. Became intimate after about 1.5 months and the first opportunity he could sleep over for the whole nite which was in August he refused.

He seemed to have issues with this and because this has NEVER happened to me before I am questioning it.

Is there meaning behind this action of his (or rather lack of action on his part)?

Hope to hear some replies. With thanks

Lol, how do you like that...a male 15 year old's advice to a 50 year old female is succinct and pretty much says it all. I agree and think that your guy is actually being respectful of you by not getting too sexual too soon. Sounds like he wants to really get to know you.

Wish more men would be open to that idea!

but I don't think the guy is 15. Sounds like he might be older.

No for the record, this guy and I have been intimate prior to this happening. We did nothing for about 1 and 1/2 months and about 2 weeks after that he could have slept over but did not. You see my son was at the cottage.

He said he would in the future but was not ready to sleep over now.

Now what do you think???

I have been to his house a number of times. He lives in the same small town with me and said I could drop by at anytime.

My son and I have also been there and I have gone for walks in the neighborhood more than once (1 time at nite and recently during the day) with him and his dogs.

Did your person (that you knew) live with a girl who was his gf? Just curious.

and thanks for the reply

Yes he had a gf in the same town but he didn't live with her so he was leaving me and going to her house right after.

But if you have a child he may be self conscious about waking up in the morning with your child being there. It may scare him and doesn't want the child to get too attached or get the childs hopes up. I had a friend that wouldn't stay over the night at his gf place because of that very reason didn't want to have the kids get there hopes up. Spending time with the kids was fine but to wake up the next morning much more of commitment to the relationship. So he may not be ready for that.

the nite I asked him to stay over my son was up north at the cottage and I was in town for the night and 2 days and he would not then, but he left my house at 1:30am.

Wow he lived in the same town as you and did that? Did he ever take u out in that town. I have gone to various places with this guy all over town so you would think that he did not have a gf.

Did you date this guy quite a few times or was it more like a 1 time thing?

Hope to hear from you and thanks for the reply

Yes actually for 3 years and noyone told me and the girl he was seeing knew about me. I must have walked by her dozens of times and never knew it. And my town is not that small but all of his friends knew about it but I guess it didn't really matter when it came to me. But it could be he is just not ready to sleep there maybe he's nervous about his sleeping habits and is not ready for you to find out. But did you ask him why he wouldn't stay the night? I wouldn't jump to conclusions or anything it could be nothing but some men are just peculiar sometimes.

Funny story boyfriend staying the night at my house says he will sleep on the couch which was fine just started the relationship only a couple of months too. Woke up the next morning and he was gone called him at home and asked why he left during the night he said he didn't feel comfortable at my house yet and decided to jog home. The funny part is he didn't live very close which would almost be 45 mins DRIVE from my home which would be about 3 HR JOG. So I don't think comfort was the factor. lol (laugh out loud) Let's just say were not together now and still don't know thel answer to that one.

So like I said you never know just come out and ask him why and if he fumbles around for an answer then politely pry it out of him.

Does this guy have any insecurity issues? I once dared a guy who was VERY insecure about his body despite the fact that he worked out religiously and wouldn't eat anything that wasn't 'protein.' Whenever we had sex he would keep his t-shirt on and he refused to sleep over after we had sex for a number of weeks I practically had to threaten him with break up unless he did so!

Unfortunately my ex was also a pathological liar and a nutcase who ended up slashing my clothes up when I ended it, I just hope yours doesn't turn out to be the same!