Blindsided and blocked

Maisie123

I have just experienced a break up conducted in the worse way and wondered if anyone has had the same experience and how you coped. 2 days ago (Friday) I received a text from my boyfriend of 2 months saying the relationship was over. This took me by complete surprise as we had just 2 days before (Wednesday) spent a great evening together and were planning what we were going to do over the weekend. I was about to meet his close friends and family for the first time at a BBQ at his house. And he seemed excited about the prospect. His text basically said he didn't want to be in a full on relationship with me and although he thought I was lovely and we got on extremely well he was not in the right place at the moment to continue seeing me as a boyfriend. The most hurtful part is that he immediately blocked my number so he would not receive any calls or messages from me. So I have not even been able to respond or get a proper explanation. This is a man of 54 who runs a successful business. I am surprised how painful this feels after being with someone for only 2 months, but we grew close very quickly. I feel like my heart has been ripped out. I have one suspicion - it may have something to do with his ex who he broke up with 6 months before meeting me. They had had an on/off relationship for 4 years.

I'm sorry you're hurting. Be thankful it happened now and not two years down the line. This man sounds really immature so it sounds like you dodged a bullet. He's probably blocked your number out of guilt or temptation to reply if you text him. It won't be anything personal.

Thank you mHowe. The more I've thought about it I am totally convinced his change of heart has to do with his ex, as he told me she had been in touch a couple of weeks ago. Whereas initially he did not seem to welcome the renewed contact I think she has got to him. It sounded like they had a volatile relationship so I don't know why he thinks it will be any different. Perhaps that's what he likes. Not my problem now though.

Archived