how to start eating again

camsheu93

This is my first time on a site like this. I have practically stopped eating over the last year. It started because of my depression but ive been getting help. But there still is no urge or desire to eat, at all. My friends and family are worried but i have no idea where to even begin. What steps should i take. I want to lead a healthy and active lifestyle but its impossible if i dont eat right. Thank you for your time.

-Cam

I'm no expert by any means.

You said that you stopped eating around the time that you got your depression and that you have been getting help. I am going to assume that this help is a professional....have you told them about your lack of desire to eat, and have they said anything about it? If your depression is starting to improve, you would think some of your appetite would come back..?

I think the best step you could take would be to enrol yourself into a beginners cooking class if you are able to. It will help you to lead that active lifestyle you are striving for, it will force you to get out a bit and socialize but not in an overt way or a way that is going to be over bearing, and you will learn how to cook which is a great skill and one you will need if you want to be healthy. If you start working with the food a bit, maybe it will help? I know I love cooking and I find it very therapeutic. I like nature, and going to an organic market and walking around the produce area just feels good to me for some reason. Seeing all the fresh vegetables and fruits, the smells, the little explanations of where they come from and reading about them, it gives me an appreciation for the ingredients I am working with. Maybe if you can find some sort of joy in making the food you might be more inclined to want to eat it?

Good luck!

Archived