Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking He apologized...

if you are following my story:

"Hey, I just wanted to apologize. It seems like everything was bad timing. I'm working a lot and have another person I was/am dating. I honestly did enjoy meeting and hanging out with you. I just felt a little overwhelmed and thought that perhaps I wasn't doing the right thing. Just wanted to say you're probably the nicest person I've met in a while and i think that's probably the best thing anyone could ask for. I'll miss you. I hate being the bad guy in situations like this..."

I dont know if this is a rejection letter or an I miss you come back letter. What do you all think ? I guess he is taken and I certainly do not want to build a relationship on a bad foundation. To me if he is with someone else then he is unavailable. I cant date someone who is with someone else. Plain and simple.

It is not a rejection letter or a miss you/come back later.

It is a good bye, it was nice knowing you.

Bronze Member
    Agree with MHOWE. It's a nice goodbye letter.

yup its a goodbye, i had a similar thing, its just a nice way for them to feel ok, and it makes them look good. My ex sent me a text saying, how horrible she felt for hurting me again, and that i should do whatever to move on, and that i deserve better.. haha. massive * * * * * .
    i havent replied, silence speaks volumes. i would advise you do the same.
    leave it be.

Gold Member
    Yeah. That's a ncie goodbye. He's to soothe his OWN ego. That way he wouldn't look like a jerk for not getting back to you

Platinum Member
    If he says he's dating another person, it's a goodbye, I think. Or maybe a keeping you on the back burner thing in case things don't work out with the other person (I would not let him keep you there!).

Its a good bye, and guilt relief, saying nice things , but just as much to make him feel less badly
    Donít you dare remember me the moment I start forgetting you.

If I never met you, I wouldn't like you. If I didn't like you, I wouldn't love you. If I didn't love you, I wouldn't miss you. But I did, I do, and I will

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black

That's a goodbye. I read your story. It doesn't sound like he was ever that interested, certainly not as invested as you were. I understand, I've been there. I would start posting in healing after breakup vs getting back together.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1.

Platinum Member browneyedgirl36's Avatar
    I agree with the others -- definitely a goodbye. I think you can take what he says at face value: He thinks you're a really nice person; he's seeing someone else. He doesn't think that seeing both of you is the right thing. He feels bad. I got an e-mail almost exactly like this from a guy I dated for a few months. In fact, much of it was the same -- he was sorry, he thought I was a great person, he'd found someone else, he hoped we could be friends at some point, etc. -- at first, I was in denial about it and reading a lot into a few short sentences. After awhile, I recognized it for what it was -- a goodbye. Painful, but necessary.

It's good that he at least responded and told you this so that you can put it behind you and go on to someone else. Don't read anything into the "I'll miss you" part; he might genuinely mean it, but it doesn't mean he wants a relationship with you.

I agree with Annie -- time to move to the "Healing" forum, or maybe even the "Dating" forum on this site!
    "You cannot be directed to decide against yourself without first being deceived into thinking that what hurts you can also help you."

Guy Finley

The problem is that I fall in love too easily...If you look at my threads from December I was in love with another guy! Can you believe it??? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Checking and following the activities of an ex partner through social networking site Facebook can seriously interfere with a person's ability to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Most people get divorced hoping to have a better life and find more happiness than they had in their marriage. However, a new national study by Iowa ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Brides who hesitate about getting married might want to consider having second thoughts before starting a life-long commitment, suggest psychologists ...