two guys and 70 girls in fitness class....

I signed up for a fitness class at my university so I can get fit and pass an upcoming physical exam to join the customs service. I expected that the majority of participants would be female, but I had no idea that I would be one of just two guys in the class, with 70 girls, and one female instructor. I felt really really out of place. A few girls sort of looked at me like "what are you doing here?" Maybe they feared I showed up just to check them out...which isn't true. I really need to get fit for my test. Anyway I felt really out of place, esp. considering that the one other male is almost 50, and chinese, and thus I don't really relate to him well (we have nothing in common...no age or race similarities). So I just feel so out of place...have any other guys had this sort of experience? Are most fitness classes that dominated by girls, or is this just a rare exception. I hope not......I don't know if I should go next week if I am going to the only guy..LOL>...

I think you took me wrong, I wasn't laughing AT you- I said laugh at the situation that you have in front of you. Yes you will feel out of place, but come on- this is something to take lightly and maybe take advantage that you are in a classroom with 70 females- and the only male they have to look at is you- how can this be bad??

Just go for it. They will get used to it, especially if they see you exuding confidence. Who knows, you may meet someone there who admires guys with that sort of self-confidence.

Imagine what it was like for the first woman to join the all-male Army. If she can do that - you can do this.

Wow...woo, I mean, wow. I have taken some personal fitness/p.e. classes before, and we usually had an even balance in genders. Wow. Yeah...stay in that class. Thats a two win situation right there: beautiful women and a good workout, whats wrong with that (even if you are a little out of place , its ok, it's not like they will hate you or anything.)

Lol, that is really scary man. Umm, I think most or even every girl thinks their unattractive or something. Maybe that's why at your Univ. there's so many women lol. Maybe it's just the girls I hang out with that think their unattractive or something...but I wouldn't be surprised if girls at your college thought they were unattractive. Keep on going lol.