i had this friend who i met in middle school when i was about 12 or 13 or so. I am now graduated from highschool, in my first year of college. Around the middle of our freshman year of highschool, she dropped out. She quit talking to our group of friends. I always had a feeling she had some issues but i didn't know how serious, we werent totally close or best friends or anything we just hung out went to movies and stuff. Well i found out she had gotten pregnant thats why she dropped out...., but she was also hardcore into drugs and drank all the time. its really sad, the baby never made it.

She disappeared for all of highschool. Randomly out of the blue, she calls one late one night while i was with my best friend (she knows both of us) she starts telling use that we both should come to her house and we could do drugs and such, she was asking me if i could bring some ecstacey........I am totally not into drugs or anything the most i do is drink occaisionally. She also started telling me how she does cocain and how it messed up her nose cause she snorted it so much. She talked about it like it was such a cool thing...i think she was high when she was calling me.

She called me several times after that everytime asking me to come to her place and do drugs with her, i said no and said i am not into that.

SHe got a hold of one of my other friends she used to be friends with and my friend told me about how they actually met up (my friend was unaware of these drugs habits) and this girl totally leeched off my friend and basically this long lost friend of ours wasn't calling cause she missed any of us....i assume she had not much funds due to her drugs.

So she stopped calling all of us....randomly she comes into my work notices me and comes over and tells me she is getting married. She is 18, and the guy she is marrying is 24 and the one who supplies her with all her drugs. It was extremely awkard to see her. she said she was going back to school and working and such. I thought wow maybe she is turning her life around...but i find that hard to believe...she invited all of us to the wedding. I dont think anyone else wants to go.....

i feel like our ties were lost long ago and theres not much to salvage, and i am afraid she is still into drugs and thats not somethign i want to be around, ...she has my phone number already..but now she wants my address to send me a wedding invitation ( i moved in middle of highschool).....i dont really want to give it to her its sorta like stressing me out, its like HULLO! just let it go allready! we all have different lives and are diff people from freshman year of highshcool. I especially do not want to go to the wedding if no one else is, which i am pretty sure none of them are.

should i just tell her, or ignore her? I really just want her to leave me alone! theres no point here! but theres that stupid part of me ..that in a way feels bad about it, how do i not feel bad about it? i dunno what to do!

Does your friend refuse to change? Any point in the time she has contacted you, has you said to help her? If your friend has shown no sign in changing, then tell her to stop contacting you. It may seem disheartening, but sometimes these things have to be done...for your sake, as well as hers.

Archived