Should i call him on his BDAY or not?

Hi guys. my ex b/f bday in a few days but i am not too sure if i should call him and tell him happy bday or not. Me and him broke up on a bad note 8 month ago and then had lots of arguments after that, as we have been meating few times and it never went nicely, when my bday came along he never rang and never said a word to me, and i was so upset and waiting for his call at that time..so now his bday coming up and i am not sure what to do..should i be different to him and call him or should i just remain silent and forget about it? '

Hey ELEONORA!!

Well, I'm just going to give you my opinion on what I'd do; and I wouldn't call.

I would feel it would be bringing the past up, u said u broke up on bad terms, so I would leave it. I'd be to cautious of bringing up memories, or relighting old flames, or even just stirring emotions. You said you didn't call on his Birthday, he obviously thought it wasn't a good thing to do. So I wouldn't.

I wish you good luck in what you decide to do.

Good luck

thats up to you but it wouldn't hurt nothing if you did...

I think it could, it could hurt you!!

Me and my ex had a bad break up last year, Christmas was coming up, and he rang me. I found it incredibly awkward, and didn't know what to say. Bringing up the past I feel is not a good idea, especially as you said u broke up on bad terms, I would personally leave it.

~Pimpcess~

I agree with pimpcess in that if you call you might not like what he says to you. Or, if he is out and you leave a message will you be expecting to receive a return call back? Probably.

I think you need to sit down and think hard on why you want to call him. If you broke up on not such terms and have had some bad meetings since then, are you wanting to call him just to see if he still has feelings for you? I am sure that you still care for him, because its hard to switch off your feelings but think about whether it really will be good for you and for him. He may see your call as a constant reminder of what had happened and he may want to move on and you are preventing that.

You need to decide for yourself exactly why you want to call him.

Thanks guys for your replies, but honestly i dnt know whats really best for me, as i want him to know that i am not like him and no matter what i can still call him on his b/day and wish him all the best, even after of what he's done to me...but on the other hand i dnt want him to think that i forgot all of what happened between us before...and i have no dignity...and still calling him after all... or may be he will be happy for me to wish him a happy b/day...so i really dnt know. i still have one more day to think '

Exactly its only you that can decide, your the only one who knew your relationship, and whether he'd appreciate it.

If I was you I would not, although I'd find it hard on the day, and move on, as hard as it is.

If he said something like 'Why are you calling me?'

Would u be hurt?

Because he could say that.

But like I said its up to you and I wish you happiness in whatever you decide!!

Good luck

Hi Eleanora,

I wouldn't call him. I think the other girls are right, it would stir emotions even if you didn't intend that. And I can almost guarantee that if you do end up calling him you will regret it. I also think you still love him or you wouldn't even think about calling him. If you want to put any kind of impression on him at all, it will have more of an effect on him if you DON'T call. I think if you call, he'll think you'll always just be hanging on waiting for him whenever it's convenient for him. Don't let him do that to you.

Princess777

Be the bigger person and call him. You are asking this question because deep down inside you want to call him. I say call him. If you dont want to call him just send him a card in the mail because at least you wont be worrying about it or at least thinking about it all day on his birhtday.