Afraid to show personality??

So, I am a little afraid to show my true personality to people. I am always very very polite, very "nice" where I almost feel fake, and reserved. It's like I can't show people my real personality because I'm afraid they won't like me or will turn on me.

This might be because I have been slammed so much for being myself through life....whether from bullying or just from shady, uncomfortable dealings with people that I encountered.....

And then sometimes I am afraid that they will "steal" my personality, like copy what I like and copy what I do, and copy me. I almost question if I'm a teenager trapped in a twenty something body. I don't understand because they can be about very minor things like.....copying my shoes or copying the colored paperclips I use???! I just notice this welling up in me. I don't get it.

I just can't relax and be the way I naturally am around others. I'm not fake....but I'm not myself either, I'm restrained, repressed to the point where I feel like I'm a very dull person.

Hi this reply may not seem alot of sense to you , but i feel that you need to relax and try not to think to much.I know its very hard for some people to come out of their shell and be individual and express their true feelings but to me its the only way you can truelly be happy.Im sure if people were alot more open to others about their true selves there would be so much less despair in the world... yeah i know that sounds cheezy , corny etc.

Im pretty sure if you were less worried with what other people thought, you would attract more friends as they would see you as an unique individual .So what if they end up copying you in whatever way, you can only be yourself and been yourself is been true to you.

A word of caution though been yourself doesnt mean trampling on other people , as long as you have good pure intentions not alot can go wrong.I know its difficult for you, and its easy for me to say all thease things but if i were you i would go for it...be yourself, there is only one you and your unique.

I think there's a balance to be struck between letting it all hang out and being cautious until you get to know people. The latter does not mean you're not being yourself, you're being yourself who is a bit cautious and will let it all hang out if/when you're comfortable and you trust people.

It's never dull to be a good/active listener.

OK, gotta run and start using those colored paper clips. Joking! ;-)