Annoyed by a sudden twist...

"Hmm...well this is a red flag to me. I think most of the time when someone expresses fear of marriage and children, or other forms of committment, they are really expressing a fear of settling down with the particular person they are with at the moment. That is just my opinion though. Anytime a guy has asked me for space or time to think about committment, it has meant for me that their gut is saying that they do not want to be committed to me. "

That is so true. My ex (whom I'm still best friends with) kept saying she doesn't want to get married or kids (and I stuck by hoping she'd change her mind, but also at the time we were younger so it wasn't a factor as much as it would be today). Now she's with someone else , and she says she wouldn't mind it, nor would she mind having little "johnnies" running around. Granted she's changed and matured a bit in the meantime (3 years have passed), but my conclusion from this would be the same - "I dont want to get married" ...(to you).

i still can't figure out why people think it is because of them. the only red flag here is being young and scared of going further. if i was with some girl and she started talking about kids and marriage, i'd toss in the flag for a penalty. it would have nothing to do with it being 'with her'. when things of that nature start to be talked about, i start to back out.