How Do You Choose?

Ever since I can remember I've had 2 best friends, like since Pre-K. The three of us have always been so close and we rarely fight and when we do it's usually fixed pretty fast. This past year my two best friends have kind of drifted apart but I'm still incredibly tight with both of them. On Friday my one friend found out that her ex (who she dated for 2 years) was dating my other friend. She was sooo angry and basically said right then and there that they were done and she never wanted to talk to her again. Since Friday I've went out to lunch with both of them and talked to them seperatly. Basically the message from both lunches was that I was gonna have to choose. They're both my friends. I love them both sooo much and more then anything I want us all to be friends again but I know that's not going to happen. My question is just how do you decide which one of your friends your gonna drop and which one your gonna stay tight with?

yikes, i am sorry but they both sound like to me.

what kind of friend asks another friend to choose?!?! thats just plain old nasty.

its a really rough situation, dunno what i would do, probebly try talking to both of em. but honestly, i dont think i would stand for treament like that.

you don't. at least not publicly. both of your friends need you right now and they want you all to themselves, but thats not fair to you. Tell them you don't want to get dragged into their disagreement and that you can be friends with both without taking sides. Obviously this isn't what they want, but i can bet that your friendship is worth it.

maybe privately you'll have to decide who to take sides with - but keep that to yourself.