I cut last night

Eh, not unusual for me. I've been depressed for the last 6 months due to work, my car and relationships. I only cut when like a girl and she rejects me or I get hurt by a girl and that happened last night. Apparently I was coming on to strong to her and she never told me. I'm sorry if I get emotionally attached to people quickly, it's just how I am. Sure, I can't blame relationships for my actions, but rejection heightens my depression. I just wanna cut everything away and bleed all over the place.

you are trying to comfort yourself and relieve anxiety this way, but it really is not the way to do it, just temporarily distracts you and causes more problems.

you really do need to get your underlying depression and anxiety treated, and to talk to a counselor about all your feelings so that you can get them out in a healthy rather than harmful way...

please consider contacting a clinic for treatment... there are lots of free or prorated services available if you do not have the money to pay for this right now.

I understand how hard rejection can be. I understand what it feels like to just want to cut everything away and bleed it all out. I understand.

It took me a long time to realize and believe that not everybody is going to like me. I tried so hard for people to like me. I hated being rejected, since that's all my family ever did. I would get emotionally attached to people who showed me affection rather quickly, mainly older guys. But now, it's okay if people reject me. I know not everybody is going to like me. Yes it still hurts, but its okay. Sometimes you just have to sit there through the pain, you'll see it does go away.

I have hurt myself (burn/cut) for the last 5 years. Depression can be helped. you can get better if you want to. You can stop cutting yourself if you want to. Do you want to stop cutting yourself? If you want help, there are people (counsleors, friends, family) who can get you the help you need. If you don't want to stop or feel the need to, then that's fine too. If you just want to tell the world how you feel, that you hurt so bad on the inside, that you have to show it on the outside, then so be it. I'll listen.

I know you may think that this is all a bunch of BS, but that's ok. You can reject my comment. I'm not trying to be negative in any way, I know what it 's like to hurt and I know what it's like to feel better, and I pray that one day you will too. Good Luck and take care.

• 3 weeks later...