Taking a long time to kiss?..

lessy20

Well the guy I've kinda been seeing just left. He came over tonight to watch the Departed (his idea, called me yesterday). Anyway, there was an awkwardness when the movie was over and he was about to leave. This is the third "date" and he hasn't tried to kiss me at all... I think he's just REALLY shy, which I'm not used to at all. It's crazy to me b/c I'm used to guys being pretty smooth, and he just isn't. I didn't want to be the one to initiate it b/c I felt weird...I'm still not 100% sure about this guy, if I even like him enough to be in a relationship with him, but I don't think kissing is that big of a deal.

Why do you think he hasn't even gone for it yet? Just because he's shy? He texts or calls me a couple times a day so I'm pretty sure he's interested...should I just take the plunge and make the move? The thing is, he's a tall guy 6'4, and I'm 5'4, so it would be pretty difficult to do if he's standing and not bending down in the least, haha.

Kissing is not easy for some guys who are shy including me. unless I am not 100% sure that the other person is willing to kiss me back or will not hold bacl I WILL NOT kiss her. I am pretty sure your guy is like that too. and there is nothing wrong if the girl make a little move or give hints, it will make it alot easier for the shy guy to make a move.

hope this helps

Hahaha. Reminds me of my boyfriend. He is SUPER shy. our friend introduced us over the internet while I was visting my dad so we got to talk and she talked him into telling me he liked me when she found out and i liked him to so we started dating well I didnt know that he had a shyness problem. He would always hug me and put his arm around me and hold my hand but he would never kiss me. Well I would always drop hit like wehn he put his arm around me i would lean into him and make sure our faces were just mere inches apart adn he would get all shy and turn his face away form me. Well after three weeks I gt sick of waitng and I finally kissed him. I only got to kiss him once though cause it was just a peck on the lips when I was leaving. But the next week I saw him he opened up to me and even surprised me with his boldness and even french kissed me. I found out from his friend that he wasnt shy on hugging me and everything cause hes hugged girls before but i found out hes never kissed a girl before...

So hopefully now that you read my long * * * thing (sorry) you understand...

You sometimes have to make a move and sometimes there are good reasons why they are shy.

But I know he has...at least I hope that's the case. I'm 21 and he's 23, and I know he's had a g/f before! What can I do to let him know if he tries I won't reject him? I think it's more awkward now that he hasn't tried than if he had! Any advice from shy guys on how to make him comfortable about it?

But I know he has...at least I hope that's the case. I'm 21 and he's 23, and I know he's had a g/f before! What can I do to let him know if he tries I won't reject him? I think it's more awkward now that he hasn't tried than if he had! Any advice from shy guys on how to make him comfortable about it?

so why don't you wanna make a move? you see when you say you are not sure if you like him like a bf or anything serious that would make things a little complicated and maybe he felt that uncertainty as well. Because not all guys just look for action and get a kiss. Some (including you guy I believe) would want to know if that kiss would be a foundation for something more , i.e. a relationship.