what is my ex up to? what do i need to know?

My ex and I broke up a year ago. The first few months were hard. It then got better and life was getting back on track. I was over him (thats what I thought anyway)

I have not contacted him since we broke up. Although I still see him online on MSN but dont talk to him.

I dont know why but I checked his profile on Friendster and checked his blog on MSN. I found out he had a new gf, he graduated and now he's working and living overseas.

I feel as though he has moved on and changed his life so much and I am unable to do so.

He has a new gf. I feel I am not ready to date yet. I tell my friends that I am not dating bc I am enjoying single life (which I am) but I sometimes feel that it may be bc I am not truly over him. I thought I was.

I also cant believe he is working and living overseas. I would never have imagined he could do that. Maybe I just cant believe myself doing that. I dont know.

Why do I have to know whats going on in his life? It just makes me more depressed.

Why is it that he has completely changed his life while I am stuck not moving forward in my life?

Hi

You just need to live better for yourself.

The past is the past. You could not go back. He already has a new gf, so please move on. Don't make him the obstacle of your life.

Kind of think of it, I did a lot for my ex. But he gave up on us. Though I still think about him sometimes. I concluded that our love was not great and not strong. He did not care about me when I need help.

I think the reason that you were/are so stuck is because you may have nurtured hopes, maybe even subconscious ones, that he may come back to you.

But now that you can see that he has completely moved on with his life and the chances of him coming back are virtually non-existent then I think you can now fully accept that it is time for you to move on.

Now you can see that this chapter of your life has truly ended it is time to turn the page and begin a new one.

First off, your actions are only natural. when you are with someone for whatever period of time and that person is no longer there, you simply wonder what's going on in their life. This will/can occur whether you still have deep feelings for them or not. People deal with breakups in different ways.

As cold as it seems, some can move on at the blink of an eye. Some are avoiding emotion, some have either been hurt so bad in the past by something that they are very limited in showing or feeling emotion. I know many that after a relationship have ended do whatever they can to move physically and emotionally as far away as possible.

Don't beat yourself up. Someone once gave me the advice that after a relationship is over, consider that person deceased. I know that sounds a bit off. It's not that they have passed away or anything, but consider them gone from your life completely, and there is NOTHING going on in their life. You are the most important one to keep up with. Life is now about you. If you are not ready to date, that's OK. It takes people different times and events to get them to be ready to move forward in that way. Let it happen naturally. One thing to make sure is that you are taking care of you. Pick up new hobbies, or get back into old ones that you have not done in a long time.

i agree with what everyones said here!

you are going through the same demoralising problems as me... how the can your ex just move on like that! when someone dumps someone, they have been probably thinkin about it for a long while (even if you didn't know about it) thereforeeee the dumper has been almost grieving and preparing themselves for a while.

this is how they can move on so quickly.. bc they have made the big decision to blow u off they can accept that its over..(the best thing is the fact that they have to live with this possible regret of it for the rest of their lives)

the only way is to think that they are dead!... im going crazy thinking about my ex.. i need to stop thinking about her,, its so easy to think about how great their lives are now they have got rid of you,,, this may not be true.. ok they have a different life but it may not be tht much better!

i have mde a pact not to check up on my ex... if i found anything about her it would kill me to the core.. i suggest u do the same!