I have a little while yet before i would actually propose to my girlfriend. But as of right now this is the idea i have been thinking about.

go out to eat at a real nice restaurant. then we'd leave there and i'd act like i was going to go home or something. then i'd make it seem as though i had the sudden decision to go for a walk in the park. so we'd go for this walk and we'd be talking. then as we neared the resivour i'd start a speech sort of like, "you know i love you and i couldnt live without you. i want you to be in my life forever...." and all that. then stop just before we were over looking the water and finish up the last of the romantic speech. so i'd have her back towards the water of the resivour and i'd be looking at her in the eyes and say something like, "i have one more thing to ask you tonight..." then hint for her to turn around and have her see the words "(name), Will you marry me?" then be on one knee when she turns back around.

i'd have my friends set it up before hand and be in a boat by it so make sure it's ok. i was either thinking of having the words in candles and making a HUGE floating frame that could hold them all in place. or using some sort of lighting. this would all be at night.

what do you think? any room for improvent?