I have been very overweight for the last 6 years. I used to weigh a healthy 145 and now weigh 230 pounds.. YIKES! I am 5'5 and weigh as much or more than a linebacker (and I am a girl). My fantasy is to find some strict trainer who help me get gorgeous. Has anyone went from fat to fab and have a story to tell? Actually does anyone have any weight loss or gain stories to tell. I just want to feel good about myself and get healthy. But it is hard especially when chocolate calls my name.

Bee

My roommate was about your weight and she lost 75 lbs in about five months. Though she's vegetarian, she walked uphills and basically walked at least an hour a day & lost all the weight. 75 lbs in five months is a lot just by walking and eating healthy.

Take one day at a time and don't try to go overboard all at once. I used to lift weights and at times it got to the point where eating small meals every 2 hrs and being stuck on a regimen became very boring. Keep it fun & keep it healthy.

And there's nothing with indulging yourself once in awhile It's all about moderation. I'm very weak with chocolates also...argh.

And don't skip lunch or try to take a shortcut. It's not only unhealthy but you're not using 'fat' weight but rather water & muscle weight which will only give you the numbers but take a toll on your body.

I had an ex that took pills from the the doctor to suppress her hunger, and put herself on a 1000 calorie diet. In 5 months she lost 45 lbs with working out.. She was never really fat, but went from a size 8 to size 2.

She looks good. But now she's a 0 from last I heard, and she throws up to keep the weight down.

It's one thing to look good and feel good. It's another to look good and feel bad. Don't let it become an obsession.

I had an ex that took pills from the the doctor to suppress her hunger, and put herself on a 1000 calorie diet. In 5 months she lost 45 lbs with working out.. She was never really fat, but went from a size 8 to size 2.

Don't go there Bee! You need about 1400 calories (in healthy food!) per day to just get all the nutrients you need. However, the average female between the ages of 20 and 50 burns around 2000 calories per day, so 1400 is still pretty low. You want a lifestyle change rather than a crash course in losing weight, so don't embark on anything you can't keep up (like 1400 calories per day - you'd waste away eventually).

If you're not sure of what food & drink is healthy, inform yourself of that first (this is a good site for that, for instance: link removed, then start eating & drinking healthy, but as sidehop said, there's nothing wrong with indulging yourself occasionally either!

Be your own moderately strict trainer!

Find a physical activitiy you enjoy, and start exercising a few times per week, but again, choose a regime you can keep up. Finding a friend to exercise with helps a lot of people keep motivated.

People have such absurd ideas about weight loss don't they? Don't skip meals! and 1,400 calories is far too low! If you starve yourself you'll body will go into starvation mode and store anything you eat, however little your eating!

Give Paul Mckenna ago (I can make you thin) my doctor recommended it and its awesome - check reviews on amazon!

A 1000 calorie diet was bad for my ex. She took a pill that didn't make her always hungry. Eating left her satisfied. She also got B12 shots to make up for the lack of intake from her very low diet.

She worked out, and stayed around 1000-1500 a day, and she just shed the weight off. It was quite unreal..

As far as keeping it off, like I said, she's changed her lifestyle, but I also know she's got other issues with her looks, and even though she's been approached to model, she still thinks she's fat, and hence the problem.

I would. For someone wanting some severe weight loss, and some positive results, they need to eat healthy filling meals small in portions several times a day. Couple that with some aerobic workouts everyday, or every other day if you can't do it daily and you'll see results.

Sure, it's not REALLY healthy to crash it hard like that, but jumpstarting it and then working back into a routine of 2000 cals and eating right and your workout regime you'll be set.

Being over weight isn't any less healthy than going on a really low calorie diet.

#1, portion control. Don't leave the table STUFFED. Leave content.

#2, exercise. Start with something aerobic that gets your heart rate going for at least 20 minutes at a time. If you can't do the full twenty minutes, don't feel bad and give up, just keep working at it and you will work up to the twenty, then beyond!

#3, diet. You need to be mindful about what you put into your body. It REALLY does make a difference. Not today, not tomorrow, but combined, day after day, your body will show you its appreciation, I promise.

Two summers ago I came back from college weighing in at an impressive 295 lbs. I had only graduated high school 4 years prior, and graduated at 225. A slim 225 as I am naturally a large person.

When I came back, I decided that I was going to do something for myself. I started out with the portion control. I just stopped eating too much. I did however, eat. It is very important to not skip meals, especially breakfast. When your body is hungry and gets to a certain point, it will start processing fat cells, which is counter productive.

Then after a week or so, I started an actual diet. I will not advise you to what your diet should be, we all know what is healthy. But make it realistic, and don't start out with a god awful diet that will make you hate it within the first couple days. Just slowly implement this, and make it a lifestyle.

Then I started running in the mornings before work. Just for as long as I could take it. Then I started pushing it more and more once I started getting into better shape. I made this an every morning thing. Rain or shine, ice or not. Its too easy to make excuses not to go. Everyone does it.

Then after about another two weeks I was in a position where I wanted to start lifting. So I did.

After about a month and a half, I lost 45 lbs and was lookin damn good. I made it a lifestyle and am now enjoying it fully!!

Its all about dedication. If you want it, you will go get it.

I did weight watchers just over 2 years ago. I'm also 5'5 and my heighest weight was 184. I got down to 143 on weight watchers within 7 months. I have maintained that weight (with a 5 lb flucuation) 2 years come this April.

I really believe in the program because it's more about lifestyle than a diet.

Just dedicate yourself and you'll get to the goal you want!

I would. For someone wanting some severe weight loss, and some positive results, they need to eat healthy filling meals small in portions several times a day. Couple that with some aerobic workouts everyday, or every other day if you can't do it daily and you'll see results.

Sure, it's not REALLY healthy to crash it hard like that, but jumpstarting it and then working back into a routine of 2000 cals and eating right and your workout regime you'll be set.

Being over weight isn't any less healthy than going on a really low calorie diet.

My objections to extremely low calorie diets:

- Below 1,400 cals you are not getting the nutrients you need. This is bad for your immune system, internal organs, energy levels, skin, hair etc.

- Sure being overweight isn't healthy either, but why go from one unhealthy lifestyle to another? Why not straight to a healthy one?

- after the initial fast weight loss your body thinks there's a famine and goes into starvation mode and will cling onto every bit of energy it can get. the moment you start eating more your weight will shoot up again.

- Dieting is hard for most people. Far better to make a lifestyle change that you can keep up forever, rather than crash, feel bad, crave everything you can't have, give up, and end up right where you started.

I agree with Grosse. If I had to use 1400 calories, I could pack in some amazing amounts of nutrients and vitamins that I needed.

Who's to say you can't take supplements, and the like?

People work off of results. People give up diets because of the slow progress, and the lack of "instant" gratification.

If they drop their intake, increase their output and start eating much better. They will definitely feel better, and they will definitely see almost instantanious results.. Within a month, they will have dropped the water weight, as well as seeing some changes in their bodies.

However, a lifestyle on a 1400 or less calorie diet wouldn't be good. I agree with that, but a 2000 calorie diet is only a honey bun away from 1400 calorie diets that are out there..

If someone was start and motivated, a low calorie diet would be ideal for the initial "shock" of the diet, to get motivated, to see results and to continue with it, and then leveling off into a lifestyle after some time.

• 2 weeks later...
I lost 40, I'm too tired right now to say more, but I feel alot better. School (why I'm tired) is easier to get to at a nice fast walk, 4 flights of stairs don't do much and I'm in nice comfy clothes that aren't expensive. My boobs didn't get any smaller so I was kinda disappointed. I'd like to be at most a C, the DD is annoying.

I'm also attempting to lose some weight right now, but I'm worried about my boobs. I like them the way they are! I've been told several times though that any weight loss is likely to start there - anyone know if there's any truth in that? I know that there's no way to lose from just one area on purpose, but I've also heard from a lot of girls that the first place they lose or gain seems to be in their breasts.

i lost 20 lbs on the south beach diet.

you basically load your body with protein and good carbs. the best part about it is if you work out on top of it, your muscles recover in half the time. for the first two weeks its really restrictive, but after that you add good carbs like bread and fruit back into your diet. I like this plan because i had a problem with my dessert and sweet cravings. after two weeks of not eating them, my cravings were basically gone. combine this diet with exercise and you'll be lookin fab in no time! if you go on the website, it will give a more detailed description of this type of diet.